Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How To Tetris Items Into Lowepro 202 AW

wayneng

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How To Tetris Items Into Lowepro 202 AW

Long time reader, first time poster. I recently got a 5D mk iii as a result of the Adorama deal and was using a Lowepro 202 AW bag with T2i 17-55, so I had no problem fitting things until now. I'd like to not have to buy a new bag if possible so I was wondering what the best way to tetris this stuff would be, so was wondering if people have configuration suggestions?

Gear:
5D Mk iii mounted with 24-70
70-200 f 2.8
50 mm 1.4
430 ex ii

Anyone with something similar pull a configuration with a picture for me?

Thanks! Much appreciated

~Wayne

Sep 28, 2012 at 05:16 AM
DTOB
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How To Tetris Items Into Lowepro 202 AW

I don't think that's going to happen. I ditched my 200 because in order to fit what I wanted, I had to gut all the deviders out of it. And I don't even carry a 70-200! Actually I shouldn't say ditched...I keep it around for when I want a camera with me on a bike trip.

I got myself a thinktank retro 20 instead. It would easily do what you want.

Sep 28, 2012 at 05:30 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How To Tetris Items Into Lowepro 202 AW

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to posting on FM.

I'll sometimes take extra effort to 'tetris' a bag together when I'm in transit, especially by air, but it can be counter productive when you're out shooting. I like to have a bag that's relatively easy to arrange, because you often don't have much spare time when you're changing your gear set. I also like flexibility, and so I don't use dividers. I protect lenses and bodies with Op/Tech Snoot Boots, LensCoat BodyGuard, and similar neoprene and soft fuzzy wraps.

Cheers, Jim

Sep 28, 2012 at 07:39 PM
Beni
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How To Tetris Items Into Lowepro 202 AW

I only ever had the 200 not the newer 202 however you should be able to do do it if you put the 50mm in the top pocket, the 70-200 down one side and the flash down the other. You will have to leave the flap open to keep the 70-200 in it and put it down the left side of the camera body. Both hoods will have to be reversed of course.

Sep 30, 2012 at 08:55 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password