end

Archive 2012 · Help me upgrade and condense my bodies

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Help me upgrade and condense my bodies

Lance Couture wrote:
Hi Ralph,

I shoot an obscure dog sport you've probably never heard of... and I dont say that in a cool, hipster sort of way.

You're right about bokeh being a lens property, but what I find from my 7D is that b/c the DoF is so much longer, I get less subject isolation, and less of a blurred background. Usually, these dog trials take place on club fields which are surrounded by awful combinations of bushes, trees, chain link fences, cars, and people. All of these factors together make for some hideous and sometimes very nervous backgrounds which simply
...Show more

Can you use M and forget the spot metering to AF point if you get lots of solid overcasts?

anyway sounds like 7D+5D3
or 7D+1D4

the former I'd go for since you also want a 5D3 for all the other stuff where it is better than the 1D4 not having awkward 1.3 crop perhaps

the latter if it was all about the dogs

or 5D3+1D4 if you win the lottery

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Lance Couture
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Help me upgrade and condense my bodies

skibum5 wrote:
Can you use M and forget the spot metering to AF point if you get lots of solid overcasts?

Not really, b/c the color of each dog varies so wildly that it would be near impossible to keep up. I've tried before.

or 5D3+1D4 if you win the lottery

Dude, if I win the lottery, its 1DX, 5D3, 200-400, 300/2.8, 400/2.8, 85/1.2, 24-70/2.8...

You're right though, as is everyone else; the 7D/5D3 seems to be the best general purpose combo. I could very easily live with a 7D/1D4 combo though.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM
StarNut
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Help me upgrade and condense my bodies

As usual, Imagemaster is right.

I love my 5d3/7d combination.

All by itself, the 5D3 is a very capable camera for sports/wildlife, and a wonderful landscape camera. When I'm reach limited (meaning the critter doesn't come close to filling up the FOV of the 5D3, the 7D is an excellent complement.

YMMV

Sep 28, 2012 at 06:08 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.