Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · Classic Canon bodies

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Classic Canon bodies

Not meant to start any arguments but just some "friendly discussion".....Are there any Canon bodies you consider to be "classic". From DSLR to point and shoots.

I sold my 5D in favor of the MK II version. I have held and viewed files from the MK III version. I am now back to my original 5D. Call me crazy, call me what ever you want but for the money and for the files it puts out, I will start and say classic number 1....

Canon 5D

What say you.....

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Classic Canon bodies

+1 on the 5D

Jefferson

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Classic Canon bodies

The DSLR era is a little too recent to warrant classic status. Perhaps the F1, F1N and T90 are classics if you can squeak in the 70s and 80s. The Canonet series and PELLIX certainly are classics. My fav classic Canon are the II series rangefinders from the 50s. Love to see a IIA reissued with FF CMOS. Bet it would sell crazy well to well-heeled gentleman amateurs...

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Classic Canon bodies

Canon F1n, Eos1 and Eos3 for me. I still have two of those three.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Classic Canon bodies

Michaelparris wrote:
Not meant to start any arguments but just some "friendly discussion".....Are there any Canon bodies you consider to be "classic". From DSLR to point and shoots.

I sold my 5D in favor of the MK II version. I have held and viewed files from the MK III version. I am now back to my original 5D. Call me crazy, call me what ever you want but for the money and for the files it puts out, I will start and say classic number 1....

Canon 5D

What say you.....

+1, Most DIGIC I,II,III,V have better colors than DIGIC IV. Some reason, I prefer the look of DIGIC I and II colors.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Classic Canon bodies

The first EOS: the 650. It had one (1) autofocus point. But the lens that typically came with it, the 50 mm f/1.8 still works today.

My first Canon was the FTb with 50 mm f/1.4 lens. Very good value for its day.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:28 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Classic Canon bodies

AE-1 with 50 1.8

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Classic Canon bodies

I think the 5D is wonderful. I had one before the 5D2 and now the 5D3... I still think the 5D3 offers some of the most amazing IQ. Something about the look that comes from that camera... I may pick one up as a backup someday.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Classic Canon bodies

To me Classic means old but has a certain value and/or reputation, and most likely, still functional.

The old mechanical film cameras can achieve classic status but I don't see any of the electronic digital cameras doing that.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Nozzleforward
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Classic Canon bodies

I would agree that the 5D is a classic digital camera, one that will be a desirable body for many years to come.

I would also second the AE1 with the 50mm, I have one and still love to mess around with it (would love it more if it didn't cost so much to have the film developed!)

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Classic Canon bodies

1DsII... One of the best

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Classic Canon bodies

n0b0 wrote:
To me Classic means old but has a certain value and/or reputation, and most likely, still functional.

The old mechanical film cameras can achieve classic status but I don't see any of the electronic digital cameras doing that.

Respectfully disagree, Amy of the non 1D SERIES bodies with a crop sensor enter into this discussion?

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Classic Canon bodies

oldrattler wrote:
1DsII... One of the best

Heard a bunch about this body.all good.but also heard out was so similar in the file rendering department to the 5d that I never picked one up because of price....

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Classic Canon bodies

The AE1 is a classic, it really kick started the consumer base.

The amazing "Tank", the T90 for me was a brilliant design, it set the stage for future Canon body shape/style/ergonomics that are still used in today's DSLRs. It was, unfortunately, a wonderful camera that ended the FD manual focus era

I started with a Yashica Electro 35 rangefinder...quite fond memories of that solid metal gem!

I'd also include the EOS-3 in that classic category, still shoot with it...and use it's ECF

Sep 28, 2012 at 01:08 AM
AmbientMike
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Classic Canon bodies

Ae-1 program. T-90. F-1

Rebel xt

Sep 28, 2012 at 01:26 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Classic Canon bodies

Rebel XT!? Interesting....

Sep 28, 2012 at 01:28 AM
hollywood1053

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Classic Canon bodies

artsupreme wrote:
AE-1 with 50 1.8

^^^ I agree...pretty awesome back in the early 80's.

Sep 28, 2012 at 01:32 AM
AmbientMike
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Classic Canon bodies

A lot of people went digital on an xt. Including me

Sep 28, 2012 at 01:50 AM
Matt Howell

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Classic Canon bodies

Well, say I am crazy, but here goes. The 30D is a classic Canon DSLR. A high water mark for APS-C, if you will. It has the same color and tone as the 5D and the 1DIIN. Those 3 are nearly identical as far as raw files they produce. Yet the 5D and the 1DIIN are still praised to no end, while the 30D never got any respect, even when new. You can get color out of an old 30D that no APS-C Canon can produce today. Obviously it doesn't have the resolution of the 18mp cams but the color is just better. The old Digic II cameras just had a different look, and you will never see it again.

Sep 28, 2012 at 01:53 AM
John Mills
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Classic Canon bodies

Canon T90 for me.

Sep 28, 2012 at 02:20 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password