Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Two questions ( IS, ISO and exposure comp )

satybhat

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two questions ( IS, ISO and exposure comp )

Hi all,
100-400 at 5.6, and 500 f4 - at what shutter speed do you turn IS off ? I find IS really good to stabilise the viewfinder image. Any shots comparing degradation of IQ due to IS at a particular FL ?

1Dx, How the heck do you go for exposure compensation in Manual mode, Auto ISO ? This was discussed in DPR but the answers are not really clear. I figured there are far more canon chaps here around, so should ask.

Many thanks
Saty

Sep 27, 2012 at 05:54 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two questions ( IS, ISO and exposure comp )

satybhat wrote:
1Dx, How the heck do you go for exposure compensation in Manual mode, Auto ISO ? This was discussed in DPR but the answers are not really clear. I figured there are far more canon chaps here around, so should ask.

Many thanks
Saty

You cannot, as soon as auto ISO is enabled it's overides any exposure compensation you have dialed in by upping the ISO to get you back to standard exposure. I guess if you were applying -ve EC, and turned on auto ISO it might not be able to set the ISO lower to push you back up to standard exposure, say if you had set a shutter speed and aperture based on ISO 100.

This is true of all Canon cameras. The only way around it is to use Tv mode, which is my preferred option. It'll open up aperture first, then up ISO if aperture is maxed.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Ferrophot
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two questions ( IS, ISO and exposure comp )

On my 100-400L I find that IS can be turned off over 1/1000th. I generally just leave it on,and try to remeber to give it a moment to settle before the shot.

Sep 27, 2012 at 01:06 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password