Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Spaghetti Carbonara

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Spaghetti Carbonara

Hope you like it...we did!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    75mm    f/9.0    1/200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 27, 2012 at 04:58 AM
cwebster
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Spaghetti Carbonara

I think it's framed too tightly and needs more back light to make the spaghetti glisten more. And the greenery on the plate looks messy and needs tidying up.

Keep shooting.

<Chas>

Sep 27, 2012 at 05:17 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Spaghetti Carbonara

cwebster wrote:
I think it's framed too tightly and needs more back light to make the spaghetti glisten more. And the greenery on the plate looks messy and needs tidying up.

Keep shooting.

<Chas>

Thanks Chas. I appreciate your input. I like it tight - to focus on the food, not the plate, etc. But I totally get what you are sayin! As for the chopped Parsley - well, some chefs sprinkle their plates, some like it clean - as you can tell, I like it messy!

Greg

Sep 27, 2012 at 05:53 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Spaghetti Carbonara

Greg:
I would crop this at least to the inner rim of the bowl, and as suggested, clean up a little of the greenery. Oh and I'll have a double order, if you please.
Douglas

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nburwell
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Spaghetti Carbonara

I suppose I'm in the minority here that actually likes the tight crop (but I'm far from a pro when it comes to food photography).

The meal itself looks absolutely delicious! You have succeeded at making me hungry!

-Nick

Sep 27, 2012 at 02:16 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Spaghetti Carbonara

douter wrote:
Greg:
I would crop this at least to the inner rim of the bowl, and as suggested, clean up a little of the greenery. Oh and I'll have a double order, if you please.
Douglas

Thanks Douglas...well. I guess we will have to agree to disagree but ill certain serve you up a double order Nonetheless!

Greg

Sep 27, 2012 at 08:21 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Spaghetti Carbonara

nburwell wrote:
I suppose I'm in the minority here that actually likes the tight crop (but I'm far from a pro when it comes to food photography).

The meal itself looks absolutely delicious! You have succeeded at making me hungry!

-Nick

Thanks Nick! I'm far from a pro as well but I know what I like and what works for me. There are so many food photographers I admire, and they all have their own style. Some shoot tight, some set up an environment, and the food isn't necessarily the star of the show. I love to cook, so I want the food to shine, just not artificially!

Greg

Sep 27, 2012 at 08:23 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password