Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Little Old Red Truck

Scott Kroeker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Little Old Red Truck

Hey everyone. I am looking for some feedback on these. I found this truck today, well a long time ago but re-found it today, and never photographed it until now. I had to shoot it from the fence as there are no trespassing signs posted and no one was home at the property. I was using a 100-400mm and can get close enough. Anyway, I plan to return tomorrow evening (Thursday) and will get there a little earlier. I missed out on the evening light on the truck/trees by about 30min. I love the colours and cant wait to see what they look like under late day light. Any suggestions on comps are appreciated. My fav is the first here. These are taken from different perspectives. If the owner is home tomorrow I will ask if I can get closer but I do like that the 100-400mm lens allows me to get a tight composition. Not happy with the mowed grass close to the truck. Would prefer it wasn't mowed.

Thanks for you help!

Thanks for looking!

Sep 27, 2012 at 04:38 AM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Little Old Red Truck

Hi Scott,

I like the fisrt one best as well, partly because you've avoided the mowed grass. It also highlights the incongruity with the surroundings by making the truck a much smaller piece of the image. I look forward to seeing some shots under different light.

Phil

Edited on Sep 29, 2012 at 02:46 AM · View previous versions

Sep 27, 2012 at 02:28 PM
videodude1961
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Little Old Red Truck

Hi Scott, the composition of the first image is great, nice tree leaves of yellow and then the bright red of the old truck. Also like the last one, some great details there, and again the red standing out from the surroundings. Keep 'em coming!

Rich T.

Sep 27, 2012 at 04:14 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Little Old Red Truck

Thank you for the feedback. I have about 3 hours before I head back to shoot this sucker so I am still open to suggestions . Busting my but to get some work done in time too.

I am think a low to the ground perspective might be the best option to deal with the moved grass. I have 3rd party permission from a close friend of the property owner to jump the fence so my options have opened up. Though there are many other distracting elements there like another vehicle and some buildings visible through the trees.

Sep 27, 2012 at 08:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tim Knutson
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Little Old Red Truck

#1 for me

Sep 27, 2012 at 08:24 PM
Cloudbow
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Little Old Red Truck

I like the third and fourth images best. In the third, I don't mind the mowed grass portion because it does not appear as contrasty as it is in #2. I also prefer the trees in #3 without the sky showing through.

Bev

Sep 27, 2012 at 09:53 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Little Old Red Truck

For shooting from a distance, Scott, you got a good set of winners here.
Interestingly, the mowed grass is noticeable only when you zoomed in for #2. Otherwise, I have to look hard to even see it.
Good that you'll be able to get closer next time. Your comps here are excellent, but your perspectives are limited and the feelings of 2-dimensions are strong. A variety will help tell a great story.
And that truck is a fantastic subject.
Get back before the autumn leaves blow away .
Charlie

Sep 27, 2012 at 09:56 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password