Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2012 · In praise of PetKal

jcolwell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · In praise of PetKal

Peanuts!!

Sep 26, 2012 at 03:03 AM
Grantland
• • • •
p.2 #2 · In praise of PetKal

Candrews9 wrote:
I noticed today our friend PetKal is one or two days away from his 20,000th post, mainly on this forum.

i have never met peter but he seems like the type of guy you would enjoy drinking a good Canadian beer with after an afternoon of shooting some PIF.

hey peter, thanks for sharing your wisdom, wit and helping my vocabulary augment.

Sep 26, 2012 at 03:07 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · In praise of PetKal

Sep 26, 2012 at 03:11 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · In praise of PetKal

Grantland wrote:
i have never met peter but he seems like the type of guy you would enjoy drinking a good Canadian beer with after an afternoon of shooting some PIF.

hey peter, thanks for sharing your wisdom, wit and helping my vocabulary augment.

Thank you, Grant, but not much wisdom here......except senior years, which is really not the same thing. However, not having to do squat any more is quite liberating although not neccessarily wise.

Edited on Sep 28, 2012 at 09:29 AM · View previous versions

Sep 26, 2012 at 03:51 AM
Arun Gupta
• •
p.2 #5 · In praise of PetKal

Yes, he's going to sell me his gears at a huge discount,
For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow!

Sep 26, 2012 at 04:19 AM
lhryshko
• • •
p.2 #6 · In praise of PetKal

OK, I'll join the chorus.

PetKal bestowed upon me my beloved and precious 200 f/1.8, for which I will be forever grateful.

He is a gentleman, a scholar, and a judge of good lenses.

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:02 AM
hsk06
• • •
p.2 #7 · In praise of PetKal

I don't know why but his name - PetKal - reminds me of the toughest guy in the department - Peckol. He makes people 'work like a dog' as we were students talking about him. He is truly a tough, but cool guy, always ends his lectures with the word 'beer' and a happy face symbol

https://www.ee.washington.edu/people/faculty/peckol/

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:37 AM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.2 #8 · In praise of PetKal

Hear, hear!!

During my relatively short time on FM it seems to me like PetKal IS arguably the main thread through the Canon section. He seems to strike a resonant chord with myself and a lot of the other members. I look forward to reading his insightful and knowledgeable posts.

His disappearing JPEGS are like Alice's Cheshire Cat though - only his grin is left behind.

Db

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:56 AM
gowhow
• • •
p.2 #9 · In praise of PetKal

PetKal wrote:

Cool shot - I'm pretty sure I have seen this guy perform in Christchurch. Is ne part of a duo called "funnybone"? - very talented performers!

Sep 26, 2012 at 07:05 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · In praise of PetKal

This shot must be taken by one of those highly trained pidjuns you own Petal, with a 7D strapped to his back

Sep 26, 2012 at 07:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bones74
• • •
p.2 #11 · In praise of PetKal

Its the mark of a true gent that this thread even exists. Every forum should have a Petkal I do wish the images would stay up just a teeny bit longer though and I wish I had some long off white gears too

Sep 26, 2012 at 07:32 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #12 · In praise of PetKal

Hell! When I read the headline, I feared you have gone!
Nonono!
Even so I very often came late and passed your shots, I realy like your output and read the lines. It is like hearing your voice and feels very comfortable.

Grantland wrote:

Lets exchange Canadian beer with "german" and I am immediatelly with it!

Sep 26, 2012 at 08:07 AM
ukkisavosta
• •
p.2 #13 · In praise of PetKal

Hear, hear!

I always enjoy reading PetKal's thoughtful and eloquent posts. A true gentleman. I have also managed to catch a glimpse of his shots now and then. Pidjuns rarely look better.

Jaakko

Sep 26, 2012 at 08:24 AM
fraga
• • • •
p.2 #14 · In praise of PetKal

Today I was able to see not one...

not two...

but THREE, yes THREE of Peter's shots!!!

THREE!!!!!!!!

I'm going out right now to go play at the lottery!

Sep 26, 2012 at 09:15 AM
fisherman_188

p.2 #15 · In praise of PetKal

Cheers to Peter. His images are great and his words helpful. He helped me find an in-stock 600 Mk II too.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Psychic1
• • • •
p.2 #16 · In praise of PetKal

Looks like the night shift had fun Thank you, Peter.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Alek Komarnits
• • •
p.2 #17 · In praise of PetKal

Just to echo what the others have said, although I have no direct dealings with Petkal, his posts are pretty much always a "must read" as he balances the signal-noise ratio in the right direction.

Thanks Peter.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Dreamliner
• •
p.2 #18 · In praise of PetKal

Everything said above about Petkal is true. Great photographer, gentleman, etc. However what I enjoy the most in his posts is the true sense of humor mixed masterfully with knowledge.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
ChrisRD
• • •
p.2 #19 · In praise of PetKal

Good thread...thanks to Peter for all the educational posts and answering questions via PM. Definitely an asset to FM.

Peter, why not just watermark your images with PS or the like so you can leave them up for all to enjoy?

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Chumma
• •
p.2 #20 · In praise of PetKal

PetKal is a great inspiration. I learn from his postings and enjoy his pictures when they are on FM.

Sep 26, 2012 at 01:27 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password