Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · In praise of PetKal

Candrews9

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · In praise of PetKal

I noticed today our friend PetKal is one or two days away from his 20,000th post, mainly on this forum.

Perhaps other posters are more prolific, but I would argue none more distinctive. I always read his posts with interest.

I also have to admit a fascination with the delete fetish. It's almost kinky, the tease with which he posts incredible shots and then deletes them. I wonder every day what goes through his mind as he hits the delete button. I mean, if I were to post such pics, I would obsessively monitor my views and pray my post would stay bumped for a few days to beef up my views. I would never delete them, because, hey, they're bound for posterity.

I would appreciate any gentle insights you may have into this fascinating, enigmatic character.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM
onegreatcity
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · In praise of PetKal

He's a gentleman of his word. A couple of years back, as a relatively new member of FM, I spoke with Peter by phone before buying a lens from him off the buy & sell. What was conservatively described as 'excellent' over the phone proved well beyond once in hand. I too enjoy his posts and his photos.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · In praise of PetKal

Well, thank you for those nice words, Carter and Cam, although I do not quite see what I have done/written differently than many a prolific FM contributor.

However, please allow me to explain one thing now. A couple of years ago two of my rather ordinary images were copied and displayed on another forum without my knowledge or credit given to me. To add salt to injury, the perpetrator thought that my concern about that was funny and frivolous, but eventually I got the site administrator to take care of that matter.

In response to that unpleasant experience, I have decided to limit the opportunity for similar incidents by curtailing the duration of my picture posts. It must have worked, because I haven't had a problem since. It is interesting though that those pictures were not "borrowed" for their good quality, it was a rather uncommon subject which they were after......a juvenile Tiger heron from Mexico.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · In praise of PetKal

PetKal wrote:
Well, thank you for those nice words, Carter and Cam, although I do not quite see what I have done/written differently than many a prolific FM contributor.

However, please allow me to explain one thing now. A couple of years ago two of my rather ordinary images were copied and displayed on another forum without my knowledge or credit given to me. To add salt to injury, the perpetrator thought that my concern about that was funny and frivolous, but eventually I got the site administrator to take care of that matter.

In response to that unpleasant experience, I have decided to
...Show more

then again just as nobody as stolen your shots in years, nobody has seen a shot of yours in years either

i wonder if it works though since you have any given image gone instantly, but post so often that you also have at any instant always an image or two online for the grabbing....

(it does explain things since many had wondered about the kinky post and delete tease fetish not my words )

maybe the moral is to simply not shoot juvenile Tiger herons from Mexico (laden)

Edited on Sep 26, 2012 at 02:17 AM · View previous versions

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · In praise of PetKal

Looks like you got yourself a groupie Peter.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM
M Vers
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · In praise of PetKal

Candrews9 wrote:
I also have to admit a fascination with the delete fetish. It's almost kinky, the tease with which he posts incredible shots and then deletes them...

Shit just got real....

real creepy.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Candrews9

p.1 #7 · In praise of PetKal

Well, Peter's post proves his storytelling is as clean and pristine as his photography.

I hate that the action of a puerile prick several years ago still costs me the chance to see most of the images, but, on the other hand, I'd miss the cat and mouse feeling of the posts if they stopped being deleted.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · In praise of PetKal

E does do the delete thing too much with his great photos but Petkal is a good dude. Super talented, very knowledgable.

Likable too, he's even trying to get me to move to Canada and live with him!

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM
paulfeng
• • •
p.1 #9 · In praise of PetKal

RobertLynn wrote:
E does do the delete thing too much with his great photos but Petkal is a good dude. Super talented, very knowledgable.

Likable too, he's even trying to get me to move to Canada and live with him!

Candidate for post of the year.

Sep 26, 2012 at 01:28 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #10 · In praise of PetKal

Friend, mentor, pijun shooter, incredible image maker, gentleman, master wielder of great white canons

Sep 26, 2012 at 01:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #11 · In praise of PetKal

He helped me buy my 200 1.8L ... For that I sent him cheese.. Very old cheddar!

Sep 26, 2012 at 01:51 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · In praise of PetKal

paulfeng wrote:
Candidate for post of the year.

I didn't mean to steal petkals thunder. I'd be happy to live in someone that talented shadow.

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:01 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · In praise of PetKal

This is getting better and better , but I did enjoy the cheese....the best chedder I have ever tasted.

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:15 AM
Paul_R_Canada
• •
p.1 #14 · In praise of PetKal

Hmmm- I love a good roast - medium or well done Peter

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:19 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · In praise of PetKal

Who cut the cheese?

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:21 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · In praise of PetKal

Edited on Sep 28, 2012 at 09:29 AM · View previous versions

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:30 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · In praise of PetKal

Looks like a lleprechaun (i.e. a Welsh leprechaun).

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:37 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #18 · In praise of PetKal

So he bates his pijuns with Cheddar...I'm crushed

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:49 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · In praise of PetKal

Best coaching he is....Thanks, Peter