Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

NathanHamler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

What was I waiting for!!?? Before i was using a kinda non-descript type belt, like 3" cordura, basically a tool belt....had like 5 pouches on it for lenses....after my last wedding i'd had it, I was having to adjust the thing way too often, so i came home and ordered a Think Tank Pro Speed Belt, and a Pixel Racing Harness....the belt itself is awesome....sooooooo comfortable....with the harness though i can keep the belt a little more loose....and the way the pouches lock onto the belt (already had one Think Tank lens changer pouch, gonna pick up another tomorrow) is AWESOME...no sliding around, you can take the belt off and set it down, and all the pouches don't slide to the back, or worse, off the end of the belt...WELL worth the $40 after having suffered with a terrible belt for years....after my lowepro pro roller gives up the ghost, i'll be buying a think tank roller for sure!

Sep 25, 2012 at 09:29 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

They're comfy and are definitely useful I just can't get over how ridiculous they look. =\

And therefore, I have one sitting in my garage.

Sep 25, 2012 at 09:52 PM
swoop
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

I have one. Used it once and hated it. Belts are not for me. It sits in a bin in my office.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM
D. Diggler
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

Lowepro makes a nice belt, as well. Been using the Lowepro for years.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM
larhouser
• •
p.1 #5 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

Freaking love mine - a buddy of mine in law enforcement got me a package of these at GALLS and now I like it even more! 2 Lenses, and 2 cameras ala Pingol at every wedding.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

Belts are definitely a love em or hate em type of thing...most of the time there's no in between....i go back and forth on my gear carrying approach....for weddings, i like the belt....just b/c during wedding day i wanna carry only one camera body with me at a time, and NO CAMERA STRAPS....so i keep my lenses on me...my 70-200, 17-55, 11-16, 55 macro, and 10.5 fish....when i shoot engagements, i use 2 bodies, one with a 70-200, the other with the 17-55, both with straps, and i carry one lens pouch on my belt, with my 11-16 in it....for concerts i pretty much do the same thing...

I like the idea of using the belt keepers to keep the lens belt situated, but the problem is i have NO ass whatsoever, so i gotta use the racing harness to keep the weight of the belt up...i'll be trying it out on this weeks wedding, i'm sure i'll be thrilled...

Sep 26, 2012 at 03:38 AM
Evan JF Roth
• •
p.1 #7 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

I just recently got the lens exchanger that allows you to one handed lens changes. I don't think I'd ever wear one of the belts though, they're a bit over the top IMO.

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:16 AM
david1234
• • •
p.1 #8 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

ejeroth wrote:
I just recently got the lens exchanger that allows you to one handed lens changes. I don't think I'd ever wear one of the belts though, they're a bit over the top IMO.

just a wee!
i have gotten by with the ole 70-200 case for the past few seasons

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:19 AM
D. Diggler
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Finally bought a Think Tank belt....

NathanHamler wrote:
i like the belt....just b/c during wedding day i wanna carry only one camera body with me at a time, and NO CAMERA STRAPS

I wear a Super Steroid Belt, a harness, and a camera strap all at the same time.

Sep 26, 2012 at 08:47 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password