Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

thebeginning
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

Do you price your S Asian weddings identically to your other weddings?

For example, let's say the three day affair adds up to 20 hours. Do you charge the same hourly rate you normally would?

Just had my first request and wanted to get some thoughts.

Sep 25, 2012 at 08:46 PM
jneilosu
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

Don't charge by the hour for something like that. Just tell them what it's going to cost for you to show up, work the days, and edit.

People don't want to fuss with by the hour pricing on a 3 day event.

Sep 25, 2012 at 08:53 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

+1

ask them when they want you to be where, doing what, answer with price which makes it worth to you. it is same whoever is getting married or where.

Sep 25, 2012 at 08:57 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

ya I would not charge per house I would make it one big charge
If they want to try to break it down into an hourly rate in their head let them.
Do NOT undercharge that is a shit ton of work

Sep 25, 2012 at 09:27 PM
Sahid Limon
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

I have a full day option that they can add via a'la carte to any package, which generally covers 6 hours. Don't let a South Asian wedding intimidate you. Majority of the time, they don't know what they need, and think they need full 3 days... when it's really 2-3 hours of something important (minus the main wedding day). Figure out exactly what they need photographed, and then quote them accordingly. If you're going to charge your full rate for 3 days worth of coverage, there's a pretty good chance you won't get that gig. Regardless of how you charge, be prepared for a lot more work vs your traditional wedding.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

Sahid Limon wrote:
I have a full day option that they can add via a'la carte to any package, which generally covers 6 hours. Don't let a South Asian wedding intimidate you. Majority of the time, they don't know what they need, and think they need full 3 days... when it's really 2-3 hours of something important (minus the main wedding day). Figure out exactly what they need photographed, and then quote them accordingly. If you're going to charge your full rate for 3 days worth of coverage, there's a pretty good chance you won't get that gig. Regardless of how you
...Show more

+1 on what Sahid said and on top of that be ready for very un-organized crowd who loves to party really hard. It is lot of pain and lot of fun at same time.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

Sahid Limon wrote:
If you're going to charge your full rate for 3 days worth of coverage, there's a pretty good chance you won't get that gig.

A three-day wedding?!? I say refer it out to a competitor you DON'T like. Most likely the prospective client here is not looking to pay a reasonable rate, such as three times your regular day rate.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

D. Diggler wrote:
Most likely the prospective client here is not looking to pay a reasonable rate, such as three times your regular day rate.

where did you get that impression from ?

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Pricing South Asian weddings?

Charge by the hour, and you're footing your own travel bill.

ADD ALL travel expenses to your regular rate.

I'd check into the international demands first.

Sep 26, 2012 at 01:00 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password