Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · upgrading from T1i to T4i versus 7D

vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · upgrading from T1i to T4i versus 7D

I had a 60D which I recently traded for a 7D. For my needs, the 7D is better. If you prefer a cheaper, lighter body with a much better LCD, the 60D is for you. The same could be said for the T4i- even more lighter and cheaper and with an even better LCD

Sep 26, 2012 at 01:58 PM
tedyun

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · upgrading from T1i to T4i versus 7D

I was in the same position as you about a month ago. My T2i just couldn't keep up with fast action shots, and I was getting frustrated at its AF.

I ended up getting the 7D mainly because of the AF and the speed -- perfect for sports shots of the kids. The AF is incredibly accurate, much more so than the T2i and I assume the T4i. The 7D has more AF points and modes to help with the action shots. I am still learning its capabilities, but already my rate of keepers has gone up dramatically.

Also, the 7D can take many more shots per second, especially after the FW 2.0.3 upgrade. It uses CompactFlash cards which are faster at processing the pictures from the buffer than SDHC cards. If you find yourself taking a burst of shots during action sequences, this comes in handy.

Another reason is that you can get up to a 1/8000 shutter speed with the 7D, which may be important depending on the situation of your action shots.

Priscilla Yang wrote:
I am an amateur and use my dSLR to photograph my kids -- at home and at their various activities. Good low light performance is important to me, as is the ability to get good shots of kids in action. I know that the Digic 5 processor of the T4i should be faster than the two Digic 4 processors of the 7D, but am uncertain how to weigh this against the 19-point autofocus system of the 7D.

I like that the 7D has a more solid construction and more user controls than the T4i, but don't want these enough
...Show more

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password