Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

BFTphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

Sunset in the dunes of Sandy Neck on Cape Cod. I have been meaning to get out to this place for several months and decided yesterday was the day. Sandy neck is a 7 mile peninsula with no real roads, so getting out into the dunes means 4 wheel drive or hiking through sand, I drive a Monte Carlo so it was on foot for me. The sky didn't offer much interest but the golden light on the dunes was spectacular. I'd like to camp out here in the future to explore more of the area, the trees and plants I saw while hiking were some of the most interesting I've ever seen.

Thanks for looking!

Sep 25, 2012 at 05:43 PM
Portia Sword
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

This is just beautiful. Love the zigzag lines of the dunes and the wonderful light on the grass.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM
blueshadows
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

Ben, as an Oregonian this reminds me of our own coastal scenery. I like that you cropped the harsh sky to a minimum, and the zig-zag line of the grass in the evening light makes the shot. One small thought from here—try a 5% dodge along that line of grass and see if it doesn't pop out a bit more. (Not too much, and it's nice as-is.) Good luck on future visits there, you've got a lovely playground.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM
BFTphoto

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

Thanks for the feedback guys. Blueshadows, Funny you mention that, as soon as I was done playing with it I considered going back in to dodge the lit grass, maybe I will have to do that now.

Sep 27, 2012 at 03:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

Hey Ben,

What a cool shot, you really captured the essence of those dunes.

Jim

Sep 27, 2012 at 04:06 AM
peterbosox
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

Very nice

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM
philtax
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

A beauty! Great textures, depth and color - well dune!

Sep 27, 2012 at 02:15 PM
videodude1961
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sandy Neck Golden Dunes

Hi Ben, that light on the grass looks like thin yellow flames, really like that contrast with the white of the sand. The composition of mostly horizontal lines of yellow and white and green is very nice.

Rich T.

Sep 27, 2012 at 04:19 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password