Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe

Had a few days in Lake Tahoe, and managed to get out to Emerald Bay once. The sun had already gone down, but I took my best shot at it anyway. Nikon D800 and 70-200 VR2 @ 70mm. 39 frames in the pano (bracketed +/- 3EV each), for a final image size of roughly 3560x10200 (363MP).

I'm sharing mostly because I like the image, but I always try to continue improving my work. All C&C welcome.

Sep 25, 2012 at 04:15 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe

By the way, I'm posting an image that is 2088x600 but it shows on FM as 1600x460. Is there now a max-width limit for images on FM? Or is there some other reason I'm not aware of for the size reduction?

Sep 25, 2012 at 04:17 PM
roguecoolman
• • •
p.1 #3 · Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe

Wow this is a nice vista. I like how the image draws the eye to the center which is very nice. My only critique is perhaps work on some of the uneven dark areas in the trees in the middle and in the sky.

Jason

Sep 25, 2012 at 06:34 PM
PickledEyes

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe

Did you take these while the smoke from the RIM fire was boiling through? I ask, because it looks like smoke. Great set of images, but as roguecoolman said the shadow detail in the front trees might be raised to show less darkness, and balance out the center. Been in the same place, but this composition is very well done.

Sep 21, 2013 at 01:19 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password