Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · Used 5DIII
  
 
Weiyang Liu
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Used 5DIII


Hi, I haven't posted on FM for years but used to be very active. I am drawn back to FM because I am thinking of saving a few bucks looking for a very lightly used 2nd hand 5D3. Now, this isn't a WTB thread at all. I haven't been on here for a while so I'm not sure how the market prices have changed. I was expecting to save maybe $200, but I am seeing 5DIII's go for well under $3000 on FM. Some of them are BNIB!! I am so confused. The new price is like $3450, but a quick search would reveal quite a few that's going for under $3000. How is that possible? Is there some other route people can get new 5D3's for less and therefore is driving down the used price so much?

Prices like $2900 for BNIB looks too good to be true but the seller has great ratings. I'm just confused as to how that's possible.

Can anyone please update me on the current state of affairs with camera buying? I feel like I'm missing something.



Sep 25, 2012 at 05:29 AM
bbvaj
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Used 5DIII


Adorama sold quite a few of them new for $2750 on their ebay store recently.


Sep 25, 2012 at 05:34 AM
jeraldcook
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Used 5DIII


Lots of fire sales by reputable Canon authorized dealers. Massive ones. Both body-only sales and kits that include the body, grip, 24-105L, and the new 600EX-RT for ridiculous prices. I just bought one from Adorama's eBay store last week for $2749 with a Canon USA warranty.


Sep 25, 2012 at 05:36 AM
jeraldcook
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Used 5DIII


Beach Camera too.


Sep 25, 2012 at 05:36 AM
Weiyang Liu
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Used 5DIII


OMG! I'm so glad I posted here and asked the question. Damn! Is the sale still around? I would buy one right away.


Sep 25, 2012 at 05:37 AM
Weiyang Liu
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Used 5DIII


So i wonder how adorama is able to get away with selling it for so much less? Aren't there like minimum MSRP's for this stuff?


Sep 25, 2012 at 05:38 AM
Weiyang Liu
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Used 5DIII


damn! Beach Camera and ebay's adoramacamera both don't have the sale anymore it looks like.


Sep 25, 2012 at 05:41 AM
jeraldcook
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Used 5DIII


If you watch FM people are pretty old about passing along deal information. Beach sold 200-300 and Adorama sold 800-1000 of them. These deals were only through their eBay store, not their website.

If I were you I'd set up an eBay alert for Beach, Adorama, BH, maybe Norman, etc, and try to catch the next sale.



Sep 25, 2012 at 05:46 AM
Dano39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Used 5DIII


Same here, I picked up my 5D3 during Adorama's sale. Too bad I'm out of the country and its sitting at home waiting to be used


Sep 25, 2012 at 06:29 AM
Weiyang Liu
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Used 5DIII


Do you know if they would accept a canadian paypal but shipped to a USA address?


Sep 25, 2012 at 09:00 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Dano39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Used 5DIII


I don't know Weiyang, I have never had to deal with that situation, I would imagine they would with some sort of foreign transaction fee.


Sep 25, 2012 at 04:01 PM
Kopey
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Used 5DIII


Weiyang Liu wrote:
Do you know if they would accept a canadian paypal but shipped to a USA address?


I live in a border city to the USA and have my stuff shipped there to avoid delays in customs etc... all the time. I have purchased items from B&H Photo and Adorama with no problems. I think it was with Visa where I had to initially call them and add a secondary address (USA) on my card so the purchase would go through without being flagged. As for paypal, I also use the USA address as an alternate address with no problems.

I am in the same boat as you though. I sold my 5D2 and currently about to list my 7D to help fund my 5D3 purchase. However, I'm checking for that deal every day so I don't miss it this time. Good luck and let me know if you come across that deal again. I will do the same! I'm 99.9% sure we will see this deal again before Christmas. I just don't know now how someone could pay $3500.00 for a 5D3 knowing that they sold for under $2800 just recently from authorized dealers. Crazy. Take care.

Robert



Sep 25, 2012 at 04:11 PM
retrofocus
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Used 5DIII


Price will further plunge if a new high MP sensor DSLR camera is released shortly as some rumors mention. Expect it to be around $2000 then soon or maybe even lower.


Sep 25, 2012 at 04:11 PM
artsupreme
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Used 5DIII


The BNIB prices are not too good to be true, I've sold several bodies for 3K recently - Beach and Adorama have been selling them for $2750 or less....you should be fine working with an FM'er on a 5DIII deal. Spread the word up there, we'd hate to have you or your friends spend near full retail for a 5DIII when you can save $500 here.


Sep 25, 2012 at 04:33 PM
Kopey
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Used 5DIII


artsupreme wrote:
The BNIB prices are not too good to be true, I've sold several bodies for 3K recently - Beach and Adorama have been selling them for $2750 or less....you should be fine working with an FM'er on a 5DIII deal. Spread the word up there, we'd hate to have you or your friends spend near full retail for a 5DIII when you can save $500 here.


Do you know how the warranty would work if purchased BNIB second hand? Would I be okay as long as the blank warranty card was still in the box? I would then fill it out and register my warranty that way or do I need an original receipt with my name on it to claim any repairs during the 1 year warranty period? Just curious because I was told that warranties are non-transferrable with Canon. Thanks.

Robert



Sep 25, 2012 at 04:38 PM
Gochugogi
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Used 5DIII


Kopey wrote:
Do you know how the warranty would work if purchased BNIB second hand? Would I be okay as long as the blank warranty card was still in the box? I would then fill it out and register my warranty that way or do I need an original receipt with my name on it to claim any repairs during the 1 year warranty period? Just curious because I was told that warranties are non-transferrable with Canon. Thanks.

Robert


It says on the warranty that it is not transferable. I suppose you could lie and pretend to be the original purchaser if he/she gives you their receipt.



Sep 25, 2012 at 04:49 PM
artsupreme
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Used 5DIII


Kopey wrote:
Do you know how the warranty would work if purchased BNIB second hand? Would I be okay as long as the blank warranty card was still in the box? I would then fill it out and register my warranty that way or do I need an original receipt with my name on it to claim any repairs during the 1 year warranty period? Just curious because I was told that warranties are non-transferrable with Canon. Thanks.

Robert


I give all my buyers the original receipt along with the blank warranty cards. They cannot deny you a warranty if you have the original receipt.



Sep 25, 2012 at 04:50 PM
gvg45
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Used 5DIII


artsupreme wrote:
I give all my buyers the original receipt along with the blank warranty cards. They cannot deny you a warranty if you have the original receipt.


While Canon states their warranty is only valid for the original purchaser, I agree with Brett. I've never been denied warranty service as long as I had a copy of the purchase receipt. Warranty cards are useless, except for resale reasons...for whatever reason.



Sep 25, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Kopey
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Used 5DIII


Thanks for the replies regarding the warranty. I guess this situation could also occur when someone purchases a camera as a gift. If I bought my mother or niece a camera then this would create the same situation. I would have the original receipt but it would not match the name of the person sending in the warranty card that came with the camera. I'm sure Canon runs into this all the time.

Robert



Sep 25, 2012 at 05:02 PM
artsupreme
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Used 5DIII


Kopey wrote:
Thanks for the replies regarding the warranty. I guess this situation could also occur when someone purchases a camera as a gift. If I bought my mother or niece a camera then this would create the same situation. I would have the original receipt but it would not match the name of the person sending in the warranty card that came with the camera. I'm sure Canon runs into this all the time.

Robert


You nailed it....people have birthdays, anniversaries, etc...people receive gifts.



Sep 25, 2012 at 05:05 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password