Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Sahid Limon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Sup peeps. Wedding season is coming to a close, and I couldn't be happier because I'm sure all of us could use a little break. Today, I wanted to share with you a recent Bengali wedding that I covered a few weeks ago. Now I consider this wedding to be a "modern" Indian wedding. The reason being: it was at a nice venue, they invested in the event adequately, I suggested we do outdoor shots and the bride agreed right away, people were actually on time for the most part, there was no chaos or drama, videographer stayed back for the most part, etc. If you've never covered Indian weddings, these things are almost always an issue... so it was nice to not have any of these extra stress factors. This wedding went off nice and smoothly, and is turning out to be one of my favorites this year. The bride has a lovely smile, and there were some really nice moments throughout the day. I apologize if there are a lot of images, but these weddings are a full day event, so it usually nets a lot of photos.

Your C&C are always appreciated. If you want to see the full post, head on over to the blog.Thanks again for looking, and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:41 PM
azkaps
• •
p.1 #2 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Love the photos - the b&w's came out really nice. But can I be honest with you about one thing? Your watermark. Get rid of it. I think with your processing style, you don't really need one. Maybe it's only me, but it really bothered me especially since the photos are only ~700px wide. Also, it looks very "homebrew" and not very professional, imo.

Either way, enough about the negatives - the photos are good and you should feel good!

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:51 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Dude shit like that is amazing.
wow, really nicely done on these.
Big time love at ya Sahid!

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:21 PM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #4 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

I'm really digging your B&W processing Sahid. Dope set. I love #21 and #26.

My only C+C would be on #19 - I don't typically like to cut-off group shots at the ankle.

thanks for sharing!

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:36 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Smashed it....period.

I like the B&W conversions as well.

20, 32, 34 are really nice, but 36 takes the prize. I would probably clone out the two boxy looking things in 15.

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

LivLif
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Love your work Sahid! Most won't understand why but I really like #2. So simple! Lehengas and sarees are always a challenge for me to get creative with. Love these from start to finish.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:03 AM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #7 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Like all B&W with one exception of #24 that one looks very candid.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Sahid Limon
• • • •
p.1 #8 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback.

@Aamer, I tried the no watermark thing once, but had my photos stolen and used somewhere before. I know this doesn't solve anything, but at least it makes it a bit harder for people to take them. I'm probably going to use a smaller logo starting next season though. Thanks for your suggestion.

@Doug, I def. feel the love. That was a special moment, and I'm glad I was able to capture it for them. The bride told me it's one of her favorite shots because her mom is smiling looking at her, and not stressed out about the wedding like most of the day. Thanks again dude.

@Farid, thanks for the feedback. I wanted to crop the image a bit tighter from the bottom, but I didn't want to cut off the saari of the girl all the way to the right. Looking back at it, I probably should have included the feet too. Thanks again.

Oh by the way, you have some beautiful photos on your site. Hope you share more here.

@Alan, Thanks Hombre. Always appreciate your feedback bud. I shall take your suggestion and clone out the small distractions for the final edit.

@LivLif Thanks bud. Yeah, you're absolutely right. It's very challenging to get different or out of the box shots of clothing. There was nothing around to make a cool shot, so I figured I just use the hotel lobby... haha. That thing literally weighed 5lb's, so I was quite nervous having it just hang from the balcony, but thankfully it worked out. Thanks again for noticing.

@mjoshi Thanks dude, appreciate your feedback. 24 was indeed a candid shot.

Sep 25, 2012 at 08:26 AM
martinezphoto
• • •
p.1 #9 · A modern Indian Wedding (37 pics)

Really solid work Sahid. Three, 19, 30, 36, and 37 are my favorites of the set. I would have added some fill from the front on the ring shot to make them pop and would have been cool to see the couple in 15. Otherwise, nice shooting all around. Well done!

Sep 25, 2012 at 04:18 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password