Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #1 · Still alive and kicking in a new place with a lot of stress. |
First of all, Hi everyone! How's it going? Been a while.
Well a lot has changed for me. My whole family has moved out of Alaska. In May, my sister and her husband moved to Arvada, Colorado, and due to my mom's health, she and I followed in July. We are expecting my brother to join us in the next couple months. Our original plan was for my sister and brother in law were going to buy a duplex, and they would have one side, we would have the other. Well, they could not find one, so they started looking at foreclosed homes that my mom could buy, I could fix up, and we would move into there, but they were overpriced and impossible to get. So hopefully this week, finally, after almost 3 months, Mom and I should be moving into a condo here in Arvada. I have no steady work, and am finding it very hard to find anything to pay bills until I am established here. I am shooting quite a bit, but sales have not taken off yet. I am covering quite a few high schools through MaxPreps, which is nice since I have been covering one school for the last 6 or 7 years. I am also shooting the Colorado Rapids for Zuma Press, and the Colorado Buffaloes for Cal Sport Media, but I am stressing about money. It is hard when I am taking care of mom, but need to make money too....
Anyway, here are some shots from various things I have shot since I have been here...
1. 5A #1 Pomona High School running back - shot with 7D, 120-300 2.8, gridded 580 EX II with off camera cord
2. Arvada West running back breaks away - 7D, 120-300
3. Ralston Valley varsity Tennis 7D, 120-300
4. Ralphie the Buffalo prior to the Sac State vs University of Colorado game. That is one big mascot. 7D 120-300
5. Olympic Gold Medalist Missy Franklin takes pics with fans prior to Colorado Rapids game 7D 70-200 2.8
6. Mountain Range High School varsity volleyball 7D 120-300 shot from stands
7. Standley Lake Gators Varsity Softball 7D 120-300 2.8
8. Chivas USA vs Colorado Rapids 7D 120-300
And here are is a post from my blog on Team USA women's soccer vs Australia
So anyway, I am alive. I can honestly say for a while, a lot of the bickering that was going on here, and the verbal fights, inapropriate online behaviour and such wore me out. I just felt emotionally drained both here and with stuff going on at home. But now, I am just plain stressed over money and focusing only on photography and taking care of mom. So, while free time is not really free for me, I will probably be seen here at FM a little more.... I hope all is well with all of you....
Edited on Sep 24, 2012 at 06:01 PM · View previous versions