Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · I think I have a color shift problem

jcolman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I think I have a color shift problem

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have shifting colors on the walls every two seconds during the reception?

These shots were taken seconds apart. The entire reception was like this.

Sep 24, 2012 at 04:15 PM
amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I think I have a color shift problem

Awesome.

Sep 24, 2012 at 04:41 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I think I have a color shift problem

I hate those types of lights...
your shots are nice but those lights suck

Sep 24, 2012 at 04:42 PM
JanWill

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I think I have a color shift problem

amonline wrote:
Awesome.

When I saw this, I had the exact same thought, awesome :-)

Sep 24, 2012 at 04:42 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I think I have a color shift problem

This was the first time I had shot at this venue. The people are very nice, but the "wedding coordinator" nearly burned me. I had just finished shooting the formals and was in the process of moving my lights to get ready for the wedding party entrance. I told the coordinator that I needed about 5 minutes to get set. Hardly a minute later, the DJ announces the party and I'm caught totally off guard. I barely had time to put on a couple of on-camera flashes on my cameras and snap off the entrance and first dance. Not at all the lighting that I wanted. I spoke with the DJ after ward and he was very apologetic. He said that the wedding coordinator told him to go ahead and announce the party.

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:04 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I think I have a color shift problem

yellow looks the best. I would only shoot when yellow is on hahaha

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:09 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I think I have a color shift problem

jcolman wrote:
This was the first time I had shot at this venue. The people are very nice, but the "wedding coordinator" nearly burned me. I had just finished shooting the formals and was in the process of moving my lights to get ready for the wedding party entrance. I told the coordinator that I needed about 5 minutes to get set. Hardly a minute later, the DJ announces the party and I'm caught totally off guard. I barely had time to put on a couple of on-camera flashes on my cameras and snap off the entrance and first dance. Not at
...Show more

I used to hate it when that happened. I now have a habit of making the DJ is the first person I talk to when I get to a reception. I know all the locals personally now. They no longer start when the coordinator says.

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:39 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I think I have a color shift problem

defective sensor, send it to fix right away !!!

I love it, make a kind of series in the spread.

Jaime

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:42 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I think I have a color shift problem

amonline wrote:
I used to hate it when that happened. I now have a habit of making the DJ is the first person I talk to when I get to a reception. I know all the locals personally now. They no longer start when the coordinator says.

I do the same thing. I introduced myself to the DJ (who was from out of town and I had never met) and we went over things, but he still deferred to the wedding coordinator when it came time to announce the bridal party. He also told me that he was hanging it up after the next wedding. He said that he'd been in business for over 12 years and had enough.

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:54 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I think I have a color shift problem

jmraso wrote:
defective sensor, send it to fix right away !!!

I love it, make a kind of series in the spread.

Jaime

The real problem is on sequence shots like the bouquet toss. It's going to look like the images were shot at totally different times.

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Scott Clark
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I think I have a color shift problem

Does the couple like black and white . Crazy stuff.

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:59 PM
Sahid Limon
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I think I have a color shift problem

Gah, I hate these types of shifting lights too. Looks like you pulled it off nicely though.

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:01 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I think I have a color shift problem

When I remember to mention it, I tell couples I don't recommend having lights rotating random colors... Pick a color that suits your wedding and stick to it, unless they want this color shifting from photo to photo. I think couples don't think about it and just ask for lighting and then don't feel like making a decision on a color and so the DJ or whoever is like that's cool I'll just do EVERY color you'll love it!

/killmenow

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:45 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I think I have a color shift problem

jcolman wrote:
I do the same thing. I introduced myself to the DJ (who was from out of town and I had never met) and we went over things, but he still deferred to the wedding coordinator when it came time to announce the bridal party. He also told me that he was hanging it up after the next wedding. He said that he'd been in business for over 12 years and had enough.

Yeah we always talk to the DJ too. Coordinators can suck it, they just want to stick exactly to the timeline (or often times, whatever pops in their head, forget the timeline let's do stuff early!). We're lucky to work with the same DJs a lot so we have a good relationship and they keep us informed etc. and give us a minute or two as needed.

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:47 PM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I think I have a color shift problem

Cool Man. Skin looks good on every picture, but I can imagine it was horrible down there on the floor. I think picking one colour is the way to go (for colour pics), and the rest...b&w.

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:59 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I think I have a color shift problem

Skin tone is consistent at each photo. So you are fine. Can't do much about the lighting.

A little bit hot on the exposure.

Sep 24, 2012 at 07:20 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I think I have a color shift problem

WNStudio wrote:
Cool Man. Skin looks good on every picture, but I can imagine it was horrible down there on the floor. I think picking one colour is the way to go (for colour pics), and the rest...b&w.

One pic of the bride tossing the bouquet with green walls, then a B/W of the bridesmaid catching it? That's not an option.

Sep 24, 2012 at 07:42 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I think I have a color shift problem

DavidCZ wrote:
Skin tone is consistent at each photo. So you are fine. Can't do much about the lighting.

A little bit hot on the exposure.

You do realize that this whole post is a bit tongue in cheek?

Sep 24, 2012 at 07:44 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I think I have a color shift problem

I think it's dope

Sep 24, 2012 at 07:55 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · I think I have a color shift problem

jcolman wrote:
You do realize that this whole post is a bit tongue in cheek?

Oh yeah. If I were the client, I might love the colorful magical background

Sep 24, 2012 at 08:23 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password