Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Mt Baker Area

Rick Schump
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mt Baker Area

Last Mon. a buddy and I made a trek up to Mt. Baker. The fall color is still a couple of weeks away, though the area is always beautiful. There were still small pockets of flowers down closer to the lakes. Hope you enjoy, and C&C encouraged. Rick

Mt. Baker kissed by Morning sun

Curse of a clear sky

Lovers Bench

Another Roadside Attraction

Sep 24, 2012 at 01:50 AM
Steve Perry
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mt Baker Area

I really want to sit on that bench in #1 - looks like great spot, but I gotta say #4 is my fav.

Sep 24, 2012 at 02:06 AM
squirl033
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mt Baker Area

nice... alas, when i WANTED a clear day, this past weekend, there was so much haze in the air i couldn't get any contrast for morning shots of Baker, so i settled for a sunrise over Shuksan instead... got a pretty similar, though wider angle, shot of Table Mountain reflected in that same pond. did you go with Jon?

Sep 25, 2012 at 02:33 AM
ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mt Baker Area

Such gorgeous scenery!
I find 3 really fascinating. Almost abstract. I might tone down the cyan/blue, it looks a bit too strong in the patches of shadow. I would also eliminate the reflected sky along the bottom edge.
4 is so sweet!!
Ute

Sep 25, 2012 at 05:50 AM
StarNut
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mt Baker Area

Very nice, Rick!

2 and 4 are easily the pick of the litter, to me.

Mark

Sep 25, 2012 at 05:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dgdg
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mt Baker Area

#2 is fantastic. You managed the exposure of the reflection perfectly.
I might crop the sky out a bit.

Sep 25, 2012 at 07:48 PM
John Richter
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mt Baker Area

Nice set here, Rick. 2 and 4 for me. Beautiful scenes and nice comps.

JBR

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:35 AM
Rick Schump
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mt Baker Area

Steve - THe view up there is incredible and having the time to sit and ponder is well worth it. A lot of people feel high light day shots are a waste but I feel as in the last shot that the backlit glow of strong light is a fun thing to go after. Thanks for stopping by.
Squirl033 - Sorry about the hazy days you encountered but seeing your Shuksan shot I'm jealous. You handled the exp. wonderfully in that one. No, I'm not sure which Jon your speaking of but I went with a great friend that seldom posts ( TWIL). Thanks for the comments.
Ute - Hello, It's been a while since I've seen your moniker ( I haven't been around much ). Thanks for the comments, I didn't notice the cast until you mentioned it. That and the crop are things I will address. Thanks for commenting.
StarNut - How've you been. Ski season is almost here, how wes your trip to the Oly. Penn? Thanks for stopping by.
dgdg - Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look at that some more. I kind of felt that cropping more might make it feel cut off at the top, without breathing room. So I guess it will be a trade off with the featureless sky. Thanks for the comment.
John - Thanks, we have to get out soon, talk to Mike and get back to me.

Thank you again everyone for stopping by and feeding my ego and helping with your suggestions. I appreciate it a lot. Rick

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:12 PM
squirl033
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mt Baker Area

Rick Schump wrote:
Squirl033 - Sorry about the hazy days you encountered but seeing your Shuksan shot I'm jealous. You handled the exp. wonderfully in that one. No, I'm not sure which Jon your speaking of but I went with a great friend that seldom posts ( TWIL). Thanks for the comments.

thanks, Rick... just wondered, since a friend of mine said he visited the area with a buddy on Monday as well. i think he was there later in the day, at least until near sundown...

Sep 26, 2012 at 06:26 PM
Rick Schump
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mt Baker Area

Ya, I met Ted at 3:30 AM in Everett. It would have been nice to have been there for evening light, but it was a long day with the 3 hour drive back home and work the next day. Rick

Sep 26, 2012 at 06:30 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password