Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · My Three Dogs.......

Red Rover
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Three Dogs.......

.......... well, I actually have more than three, but here is one of my favorite photos of three of my dogs. I took it back in 2005 with a D50 and 18-55 kit lens. My wife trains our dogs for Search and Rescue as well as hunt tests. The hunt training actually helps them to feel comfortable working farther away from their handler at a disaster.

It was late in the afternoon after a long day at a hunt test. We were getting ready to leave and gave the dogs a chance to swim. The light was really getting nice so I asked them to pose for me. Aperture Priority, 46 mm, f/ 7.1, 1/160 second, ISO 200. I just got LR 4 and tweaked it just a little to bring back some detail in the white chests on the two Labs.

From the left, Flash, Fargo & Spirit

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/DWood13/FlashFargoSpirit_zpsa803c2ba.jpg

Here is another one of Fargo and Spirit with their Junior Hunter ribbons.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/DWood13/FargoSpiritRibbons_zpsd5beff1e.jpg

I recently upgraded to a D7000 and 17-55 f/2.8 but it's been at Nikon for warranty work for a month now. I can't wait to shoot more dog portraits with it.

Sep 23, 2012 at 04:14 PM
BobnJake
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Three Dogs.......

Beautiful shot, I have a Golden, working on SH. ENJOY!!!!!!!
Bob

Sep 23, 2012 at 05:31 PM
Bayou Magic

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Three Dogs.......

Love the images and congrats on the ribbons!

I found this site while doing some research on cameras and lenses. The equipment will mainly be used to photo my canines that hunt and compete in field trials. I've been fortunate enough to train, own, and handle FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH and a few other not so terrible dogs. Roux is truly my once in a lifetime dog. If I can get up to speed (at lease to novice level based on what's posted here), I'll put up some pics of the old boy.

Bayou Magic Retrievers

Sep 23, 2012 at 06:46 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password