Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Jumping from 1D2 to 1D3, 1Ds2 or 5D2?

Mikael B

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Jumping from 1D2 to 1D3, 1Ds2 or 5D2?

Thanks for the wishes Gunzorro =).

I agree, 1D2 today are going for quite cheap and it is quite wonderful camera. It is not something that a total newbie can get to used to very fast, but for example when jumping from XXD series to 1D2, I think it shouldn't be that bad. I got used to 2-button pressing in one month time and didn't find it ackward at all =). And after all, many 1D2 weakness get forgotten on the moment you start to shoot with it. I certainly miss the great AF it had, but can make the 5D2 work quite well too... after all, I did own 20D and 30D too =). For me, the deal breaker for owning 1D2 as only camera was that it is quite big when going on family trips (+ all that big charger and spare battery). But if someone is thinking it as second camera for fast action work and owning some smaller body, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it at all =).

@ gary

I think the 5D3 certainly would have been on top of my wish list if money was not an issue, but I tried to keep the difference between 5D2 and selling those older cameras at around few hundred euros so 5D3 was automatically out of budget for me. I already acquired last year 100L and 70-300L which was big part of my camera budget for next couple of years... according to wife =). But, I guess when used 5D3 prices come down to around 1200 and I can sell 5D2 for around 500-600 , I think it might be right time to jump in 5D3 wagon. So, hopefully 5D4 arrives soon =).

Mikael

Oct 17, 2012 at 05:40 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password