Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · First Paid Headshots : C&C

tendrils

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · First Paid Headshots : C&C

First paid gig. The Talent agent for them liked em,what do you guys think?

Sep 23, 2012 at 06:17 AM
mikethevilla
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · First Paid Headshots : C&C

Good job getting a relatively white background. Exposure looks good on all of them except for 3, which is a little underexposed.

These could be tremendously improved with a little more understanding of different kinds of lighting. I'd suggest looking into resources for that. I would probably start off with "butterfly" style lighting as a good go-to for head shots. A few of them, especially the last, could benefit from a longer focal length. It looks like you might've been somewhere around 50mm? When you get that close to a face with anything less that 100-150mm, you start getting pretty noticeable distortion in the face - here we have a large forehead and bug eyes.

Crops are just a bit too tight for my liking. 2 has the best crop. I would shoot more for that. A little extra room will be appreciated as they can then print different sizes (particularly 8x10) without losing too much.

Hope that helps!

Sep 23, 2012 at 06:32 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · First Paid Headshots : C&C

Agree with Mike.

#2 was the one that seemed "off" to me, due to the slight distortion from the lens.

Another nit - #3 has shaded eyes, so not as 'lively' as the others.

Sep 23, 2012 at 06:55 AM
tendrils

p.1 #4 · First Paid Headshots : C&C

Thanks for the input. I was shooting with a 50 on a crap sensor. Not by choice though. I know i was working against compression, but my lighting situation required me to be close or I would have used my 85 to compress more. I feel it was a strong attempt consider the equipment I was using. Canon T2i, 50 1.8, 4 Yongnuo 560 IIs

Sep 23, 2012 at 06:57 AM

Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #5 · First Paid Headshots : C&C

I hate shooting on a crap sensor.....

Sep 23, 2012 at 08:09 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #6 · First Paid Headshots : C&C

The girl with the freckles has a natural beauty and looks good even without makeup.

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · First Paid Headshots : C&C

Hi,

Quick Comments:

Of this set I prefer the images 1 and 2.

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:05 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password