Upload & Sell: Off
| p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ? |
Like I said...lets mark this page and take a look 5 years from now.
I have no idea what you think is going to happen in 5 years that will increase my resolution needs, unless I switch from weddings to landscape / studio which would completely change my needs.
When we had 8mp, I was resolution restricted. Prints were "OK" as they could be a 100dpi or 200dpi depending on size. Same with 12mp, although there were fewer issues.
However, at 22mp, resolution is no longer an issue for the work I do, so why do you think my resolution needs will increase? What is going to happen? are we going to suddenly start printing at 400dpi or 500 dpi because our eyes are going to evolve to see more detail? Are screens going to quadruple in resolution? I hardly ever crop and my crop habits haven't changed in 10 years. More resolution for me is going to do three things:
* Increase my storage costs
* Slow down my editing
* Not benefit me in any way whatsoever
What is it then that's going to happen that will bring about this change in resolution requirement? Seriously?
* Resolution, for my work, is a problem that is completely solved. I don't need any more.
* High ISO is nearly solved - another 2 stops and I'll have all I ever need.
* AF is nearly solved - another 2 stops of AF sensitivity and I won't need anything more.
* Low ISO shadow quality is a benefit occasionally and on Canon sensors has a way to go, but it's not something I personally need much at all.
Just because you want / need something, doesn't mean that others do. We all do different work...