Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              12      
       14              16       17       end

Archive 2012 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

artd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

gdanmitchell wrote:
And, on a slightly different subject, there is sure a whole lot of wild, wild speculation in this thread...

Anytime you see a thread reach 12 pages, you should know that is the stage at which wild speculation is taking place.

Anytime you see a thread title with "46mp" or "3DX" in a Canon forum you should know that wild speculation is taking place.

Sep 28, 2012 at 04:18 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

alundeb wrote:
If the Digic V can only input 34% more data than a Digic IV, a hypothetical 7DII will not be able to even do 8 fps at 18 MP with one digic V. Some of us will be surprised by the next release.

the 1DX with mirror up can do 14fps so long as iso is not super high, so I imagine it can push, without limit (if it had a differently mirror box, one insanely advanced) more like 13fps*18MP

the new cams also apply CA correction and other things so some of the speed got taken up by fancier processing algorithms, one taking more power than the D3 to D4 ones did, I believe, not sure if they could push through more fps using the old algos or not though, maybe not

Sep 28, 2012 at 05:36 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

jorkata wrote:
Seriously, I think the problem with 24mp @ 8fps is actually readout speed, not Digic throughput.

Maybe Canon will move to a column-parallel ADC architecture like Sony.
Then they will be able to do very high speed readouts.

But if they keep their current architecture, with off-sensor ADCs, I don't think they will do it.
Certainly not with 8 readout channels, like on the current 7D.
And as I said arleady, I don't think they will use 16 channels on a sub $2000 1.6x model (considering that they did not use it on a $3500 FF model).

All speculation and fun, of course.

24 at 8 is less read out speed than 1DX does already though

Sep 28, 2012 at 05:38 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

Will you dippys quit trying to turn a discussion of studio/landscape cameras into a discussion of general purpose cameras. Go play with your 1DX and be happy. You PJs are even worse, leave us alone. One frame per minute is fine with 16 bits and bit slice ADCs that scan one line at a time.
The technology is there, Canon has been slow to adapt. Most semiconductor houses are now using 12 inch wafers while Canon IFAIK is still using 6 inch wafers. The cost difference is tremendous in production units.

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

Paul Gardner wrote:
Will you dippys quit trying to turn a discussion of studio/landscape cameras into a discussion of general purpose cameras. Go play with your 1DX and be happy. You PJs are even worse, leave us alone. One frame per minute is fine with 16 bits and bit slice ADCs that scan one line at a time.
The technology is there, Canon has been slow to adapt. Most semiconductor houses are now using 12 inch wafers while Canon IFAIK is still using 6 inch wafers. The cost difference is tremendous in production units.

OK but you have to admit over the course of canon digital FF history the pure landscape people have had their needs focused on more than the generalist or action shooter even if this one time the 5D3 didn't improve the landscape side of things much at all.

And 38MP vs 46MP is hardly a HUGE sacrifice IMO even for a pure landscape shooter.

(and if the body is expected to sell to a broad range and largely please many different types it can be priced less too)

but whatever

Sep 29, 2012 at 01:29 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.13 #6 · p.13 #6 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

skibum5 wrote:
OK but you have to admit over the course of canon digital FF history the pure landscape people have had their needs focused on more than the generalist or action shooter

Nonsense.

Sep 29, 2012 at 01:33 AM
chez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #7 · p.13 #7 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

skibum5 wrote:
And 38MP vs 46MP is hardly a HUGE sacrifice IMO even for a pure landscape shooter.

(and if the body is expected to sell to a broad range and largely please many different types it can be priced less too)

but whatever

And you claim the difference between 5fps and 6fps will make or break your career...yeh right.

Sep 29, 2012 at 01:59 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.13 #8 · p.13 #8 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

Loads of speculation and wasted energy...what will be will be and be a result of the competence of the Canon engineers as modified by the Canon marketing dept and accountants / spivs.

I remember reading that prior to the release of the
1Ds2 a 32 MP sensor was available for that body but it never happened for some reason.

Sep 29, 2012 at 02:49 AM
alundeb
• • • •
p.13 #9 · p.13 #9 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

chez wrote:
And you claim the difference between 5fps and 6fps will make or break your career...yeh right.

Hi skibum,

I don't get annoyed by you discussing features, and I don't take this too seriously, but for the megapixel difference you are all in for incremental upgrades yourself:

You wrote this:

"Ideally I'd have it 28MP for more reach, 24 doesn't really give one anything new there"

here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1044357/0

The difference from 24 to 28 is even smaller than 38 to 46 in percentage.

Sep 29, 2012 at 08:05 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.13 #10 · p.13 #10 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

I want this rumored camera to be sold at 3000.
It would leed to lower prices for 5D III and 6D automatically.

Sep 29, 2012 at 08:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

WebDog
• • •
p.13 #11 · p.13 #11 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

Paul Gardner wrote:

I guess they just have to spend a 1 bn $ or so... fine tune the process and they are good to go, should be ready for christmas, or not

Sep 29, 2012 at 08:19 AM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.13 #12 · p.13 #12 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

Ralph Conway wrote:

+1: Correct.

Sep 29, 2012 at 04:24 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.13 #13 · p.13 #13 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

A new 1D body for $3000 ?. Wait for 4-5 years after it is released .

Ralph Conway wrote:

Sep 29, 2012 at 04:33 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.13 #14 · p.13 #14 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

kewlcanon wrote:
A new 1D body for $3000 ?. Wait for 4-5 years after it is released .

Sure enough the inofficial Canon price watch and don't-let-prices-drop-for-Canon-gear had to chime in. Really no surprise.

Sep 29, 2012 at 04:42 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.13 #15 · p.13 #15 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

Well since you own Canon why don't you set the price to $3000 ... or just dream like you always like to do... or live in your own world .

retrofocus wrote:
Sure enough the inofficial Canon price watch and don't-let-prices-drop-for-Canon-gear had to chime in. Really no surprise.

Sep 29, 2012 at 04:47 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.13 #16 · p.13 #16 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

Didnīt I say I WANT?
It will not be a new 1D body, kewly. It will be something complete new. Canon is not telling "1 series" is merged and split it again half a year later. The new high MP body imo will not be a DSLR. Mirror is not needed any longer for a studio camera. They will make it a wifi controlable mirrorless "M" like body with an excellent EVF. There is a cause, why the "M" has entered the DSLR range on their webpage calling that market "digital cameras with interchangable lenses" now. The "M" surely was not this cause. It is just a nice toy (imo). It would have gone as a P&S, too.

Ralph

Sep 29, 2012 at 04:53 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.13 #17 · p.13 #17 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

kewlcanon wrote:
Well since you own Canon why don't you set the price to $3000 ... or just dream like you always like to do... or live in your own world .

You wish I would just dream....unfortunately for you, the price for the 5D Mk III dropped severely as I and others predicted half a year ago shortly after it was released (which you severely opposed). Maybe I am still dreaming if a new high MP full frame camera will be announced shortly?! Your business seems to be severely in trouble, man.

Edited on Sep 29, 2012 at 05:14 PM · View previous versions

Sep 29, 2012 at 04:56 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.13 #18 · p.13 #18 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

Didn't I tell you your brain is hard like a brick .

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886948-REG/Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_III.html
http://www.adorama.com/ICA5DM3.html

Now get me one from B&H or Adorama site with oh so low price like you've predicted six years ago .

Did you also predict Internet was coming ?. Maybe we get the real "Ethernet" soon ? .

Well retro I think I just don't waste time reading your posts anymore sooooo click .

retrofocus wrote:
You wish I would just dream....unfortunately for you, the price for the 5D Mk II dropped severely as I and others predicted half a year ago shortly after it was released (which you severely opposed). Maybe I am still dreaming if a new high MP full frame camera will be announced shortly?! Your business seems to be severely in trouble, man.

Sep 29, 2012 at 05:01 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.13 #19 · p.13 #19 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

OK I wish you good luck .

Ralph Conway wrote:
Didnīt I say I WANT?
It will not be a new 1D body, kewly. It will be something complete new. Canon is not telling "1 series" is merged and split it again half a year later. The new high MP body imo will not be a DSLR. Mirror is not needed any longer for a studio camera. They will make it a wifi controlable mirrorless "M" like body with an excellent EVF. There is a cause, why the "M" has entered the DSLR range on their webpage calling that market "digital cameras with interchangable lenses" now. The "M" surely
...Show more

Sep 29, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Glenn NK
• •
p.13 #20 · p.13 #20 · 46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?

gdanmitchell wrote:
And the notion, expressed by some (including the supposed quote from a Canon marketing person) that 20-22 MP is a "sweet spot" is sort of silly in that the current cropped sensor cameras already exceed the photosite density of the 20-22MP cameras. ;-)

Speaking of marketing and of marketing-speak... a) Canon statements that 20-22MP represents a "sweet spot" are just exactly what you would expect a company producing 20-22MP sensor cameras to say, b) remind me a bit of what Nikon used to say about cropped sensor cameras when they had no full frame bodies, c) ignore that fact that, for
...Show more

Yes and yes.

Sep 29, 2012 at 05:35 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password