Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

jaredmizanin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

I received a Canon Pro9000 MK II printer a while back as a gift. Lovely printer, but the brand ink is EXPENSIVE! I see there are many inks on ebay that cost a fraction of the price as the Canon ink. Has anyone gone the way of generic? Are there any sellers that sell quality ink but at a good price? The price of Canon's is hard to swallow, as I'm only an amateur.

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Psychic1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1132187/0#10816210

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #3 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

I've been using refillable carts on my Epson for over six months now with fine results. I'm using a system from Ink Jet Carts. It took a little work to get it going (had a clogged head) but since, it's been perfect. We've paid for the system about 2-3 times over by now.

http://store.inkjetcarts.us/pro-9000-c104.aspx

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #4 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

jaredmizanin wrote:
I received a Canon Pro9000 MK II printer a while back as a gift. Lovely printer, but the brand ink is EXPENSIVE! I see there are many inks on ebay that cost a fraction of the price as the Canon ink. Has anyone gone the way of generic? Are there any sellers that sell quality ink but at a good price? The price of Canon's is hard to swallow, as I'm only an amateur.

I have posted on this several times....basically, I use German OCP ink with this printer and refill the OEM carts.......I use Ilford Pearl and had the combo profiled.

Results are excellent....and as for ink costs......the cost of ink isn't a consideration for me now......I can refill all the carts nine times for the cost of just three Canon carts.

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Kathy White
• • •
p.1 #5 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

anthonygh wrote:
I have posted on this several times....basically, I use German OCP ink with this printer and refill the OEM carts.......I use Ilford Pearl and had the combo profiled.

Results are excellent....and as for ink costs......the cost of ink isn't a consideration for me now......I can refill all the carts nine times for the cost of just three Canon carts.

+1
The OCP inks profiled myself with Ilford Pearl Paper IMO is better than the Canon was. I am very, very happy with this combo.

Oct 08, 2012 at 03:19 AM
Kathy White
• • •
p.1 #6 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

anthonygh wrote:

+1
The OCP inks profiled myself with Ilford Pearl Paper IMO is better than the Canon was. I am very, very happy with this combo.

Edited on Oct 20, 2012 at 04:22 AM · View previous versions

Oct 08, 2012 at 03:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tim Brooks
• •
p.1 #7 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

Has anyone used OCP ink with Canon Photo Paper Pro and/or Pro Platinum paper? I just ordered inks from rjettek.com but I have a stock of Canon paper.
Thanks, Tim

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:19 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #8 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

OCP inks will be fine but you probably need to experiment a lot to find the best printer settings...or get the combo profiled and save time and money.

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:28 AM
GC5
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

How do you profile them?

Oct 18, 2012 at 09:17 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

This is dye based ink which is much less color fast than pigment inks. I have been printing with Canon dye inks for 5/6 years now and can notice fading under various circumstances. That's the good ink now just speculate how color fast misc 3rd party inks are?

Oct 19, 2012 at 05:26 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #11 · Canon Pro9000 MK II: Buy expensive brand ink or generic?

SoundHound wrote:
This is dye based ink which is much less color fast than pigment inks. I have been printing with Canon dye inks for 5/6 years now and can notice fading under various circumstances. That's the good ink now just speculate how color fast misc 3rd party inks are?

I started using German made OCP inks when the R1800 was newish.....those prints still look fine !!

Remember companies like OCP might be 3rd party inks to one company product but can be the primary inks for another industry..OCP is a major supplier to the print industry as well as the inkjet market...something that came later.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password