Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Basic light for static macro setup (newbie Q)

ether1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Basic light for static macro setup (newbie Q)

new to photography, getting into macro now and enjoying it.... want to shoot small figurines and such.
Want to add light to my little "stage". Not sure what works best for macro of small, static object; LED, fluorescent etc... Since I am just starting this and it is only a hobby, I would like to keep the price under $200.
See some simple setups at B&H, just not sure what works best for macro.
There are kits for under $200 that I guess could be good for this....again, nothing for use in a studio but simply to shoot macro of small (2 to 6 inch) figurines.

Would appreciate your advice.

Sep 21, 2012 at 09:38 PM
ether1
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Basic light for static macro setup (newbie Q)

Maybe if I post some links of the light kits I saw at B&H... they seem more like for portrait work but I wonder if I could use them to do macro as said above:

Intercool fluorescent

Impact floodlights

Bescor LED

Of course any other ideas would be appreciated.

Sep 22, 2012 at 08:01 AM
ether1
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Basic light for static macro setup (newbie Q)

Any feedback would be appreciated...even if you tell me that none of those solutions are good for my particular need.

I was just thinking that using some sort of continuous light would be better than using flash, considering I am shooting in my room and can control a lot of aspects.

thanks!

Sep 25, 2012 at 08:12 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.