Upload & Sell: Off
I mentioned it a few times in related posts earlier, I bought my fist 5D II in 2009, and in April this year my second body. I intend to keep both bodies for years to come, I really like the MkII for my kind of photography style. The current newer models raise no need for me to upgrade soon. I think many are sitting in the same boat, continue to use their 5Dc and MkII versions.
I agree. For most subjects (all but one) that I shoot (portraits, business photography, events, macro, product and landscape) the 5DmkII is more than I need and I intend to keep using it for at least 5 years.
Still, if my wish to move more into shooting weddings comes true, I am seriously considering to sell my 5Dclassic in 1.5 years and get a 5DmkIII. Mainly for AF and silent shooting mode. My new 5DmkII will stay of course, so I can shoot 5DmkIII and 5DmkII side by side.
I was about to order a III when it was on €2700 last month, but then I decided to go and sit down on a 5-year business investment calculation and I found that if I get a mkII now and wait for 1.5 years with getting the mkIII, I would spend the same €€€ (about €1500 total costs in 5 years time for both cameras), but have a 5DmkIII+5DmkII instead of 5DmkIII+5Dclassic. This is based on a business investment with tax deduction options and selling all cameras after 5 years.
For now I'm going to enjoy the mkII to its fullest. I am very happy I pulled the trigger on this one!