Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · CPS and Insurance

Discusfarm

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · CPS and Insurance

What is the best way to get Insurance on CPS equipment? Anyone have any good suggestions?

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Psychic1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · CPS and Insurance

I have a corporate policy that covers $10,000 of rental equipment and shipping.

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Discusfarm

p.1 #3 · CPS and Insurance

I'm looking for a policy I can buy for a few weeks or a month.

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM
84bravo

p.1 #4 · CPS and Insurance

I have a small business policy that covers $20K equipment, which includes rentals. The policy also covers liability, which I find more important than the equipment. You don't want to lose your house because Grandma tripped over your light stand while you were shooting a wedding. The policy costs me $500 annual. Worth every penny IMHO as a CYA and is required by some clients.

You could also get a temporary rider on your homeowners, but if you're a pro they may not pay on a claim.

LarryK

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Discusfarm

p.1 #5 · CPS and Insurance

Ok. Thanks. I was looking for just a stand alone for a few weeks. I heard Travelers is good. Anyone have experiance with that?

Sep 23, 2012 at 03:31 PM
bsaber
• •
p.1 #6 · CPS and Insurance

If memory serves, State Farm's Personal Articles policies can be monthly. Maybe look into that?

Sep 26, 2012 at 02:11 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Discusfarm

p.1 #7 · CPS and Insurance

Great idea. Thanks.

Sep 26, 2012 at 03:51 PM
bigbluebear
• • •
p.1 #8 · CPS and Insurance

I think you can tack it onto your homeowners insurance too.

Sep 26, 2012 at 04:43 PM
jmckayak
• •
p.1 #9 · CPS and Insurance

Keep the insurance separate from your house policy. If you are going out of the country, be sure you have international coverage.

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #10 · CPS and Insurance

Just one person's experience, but I formerly used Travelers for both home and business coverage. After filing a claim for a loss (a theft of tools), Travelers attached a "loss recovery" rider to my policy. Oddly enough the charge would work out to be about the same as the claim they had slowly and grumpily paid out. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole and caution others about their behavior. If you are still interested in them, I'd get in writing exactly what their policy is about loss and "loss recovery." Supposedly deeply buried in my policy was language that allowed them to do this, but I never could find it. Obviously I use other companies now.

Robert

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #11 · CPS and Insurance

The problem I found is that it's not "renting", makes it difficult. I've added temporary coverage to my normal business equipment coverage while I have it in my possession, but don't know if that would actually cover it in a loss. I've decided to just go the actual rental route for most things.

Sep 18, 2013 at 01:05 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password