Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Jagged Peaks

Milan Hutera
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jagged Peaks

This photo was taken on Lomnicky stit (Lomnicky peak - 2634 m. or 8639ft.) which is the 3rd highest point in Slovakia. There are two ways to get there - mountain climbing or by rather expensive cable car. If you take the cable car, your stay is limited to 50 minutes, so obviously you cannot wait for ideal light. I must say the weather wasn't very good, but I think it quite works in b&w. Hopefully I'll be back one day on a winter morning. Any C&C appreciated. Thanks.

http://milanhutera.com/?portfolio=jagged-peaks

Sep 21, 2012 at 09:35 PM
eric1
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jagged Peaks

nice shot Milan. i liked the fist one most. it has a nice sort of "rugged" look to it. thanks for posting.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jagged Peaks

Hey Milan,

A very nice shot here. Both shots look the same to me, unless my eyes deceive me. I do like what you did here, a very nice B&W with lot's of contrast and detail.

Jim

Sep 22, 2012 at 05:35 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jagged Peaks

Eric, Jim - thanks for your comments, glad you liked it even though the light was very very far from ideal. The shots are the same, the second one is located on photobucket just in case (photobucket does something to the uploads though, so it looks slightly brighter).

Sep 23, 2012 at 08:00 PM
Brenton Biggs
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Jagged Peaks

Awesome captures!

Sep 23, 2012 at 08:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Jagged Peaks

These are great. What an awesome place and you did it proud.
Ute

Sep 24, 2012 at 08:22 AM
Milan Hutera
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Jagged Peaks

Brenton, Ute - thank you for your comments, glad you enjoyed it. Like I mentioned, the light was far from ideal and the the best capture would be on a winter morning. Someday, hopefully....

Sep 24, 2012 at 08:00 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Jagged Peaks

I like these as well. I can hardly tell the difference expect that the first seems to have slightly more contrast. I think I prefer the second one. I love seeing the depth of the mountains and how it diffuses afar.

Sep 24, 2012 at 08:23 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Jagged Peaks

Thanks Boingyman for your comment. The photos are identical and were posted on different hosts in case my website is temporary unavailable .

Sep 26, 2012 at 06:53 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password