Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · My Granddaughter - experimenting with off camera flash

merv.carr
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Granddaughter - experimenting with off camera flash

Got my hands on a pair of Pocket Wizard units, so grabbed the opportunity to use her as a model. I was quite happy with the results (but no doubt you guys will rip them to pieces :-) )

Sep 21, 2012 at 08:36 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Granddaughter - experimenting with off camera flash

I see your photo post has had over 340 views and no comments from viewers.

I know that can be disappointing and often discourages people from posting/participating in a forum like this.

So, I will post a comment or two and maybe that will get others to contribute their views too.

As with anything where a subjective view (opinion) is shared, there can be many views of the same issue or subject.

My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

A few Quick Comments:

I see potential here.

Cute kids make for good subjects.

The light is OK.

See image 1. I would crop tighter (eliminate the arm shown on image left, her right arm).

See image 2. Cute face. I don't care for the mess on her chin.

See image 3. Cute face. I don't care for the mess on her chin. Would crop to head shot.

See imae 4. I would compose to show more head, no arms.

See image 5: I would prefer to see both subjects in focus.

I hope these comments help you.

Sep 22, 2012 at 05:38 PM
merv.carr
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Granddaughter - experimenting with off camera flash

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. Yep, I knew about the dirty face, just grabbing shots while the going was good

Sep 22, 2012 at 05:43 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password