Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

clindsey

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

This is a small travel ball league that we do T&I's for and they allow us free creative range on shooting. We decided to do a composite team shot and memorymate for them this year. The shoot was very easy and fast - two stations at either end of the dugout - One was shot with a softbox and reflector against a cinder block wall , the other was shot with a ring flash against a storage locker. Girls came in on one end and left on the other. We took three shots left, center, right at the first station (that gave us options at palcement in team photo) and left and center at the other station. It went fast and was very easy.

This memory mate background was a template I had used for a coaches poster we had done for them, so it just needed some minor tweaks to use for the memory mate. The main image was the ring flash shot and the team composite was with the lightbox.

For the individuals, we added the team logo and name to the wall in post with a bit of vignette. - This was easy to do since we didn't have to change the background of the image, just remove the player - it was just a quick mask and placement of logo.

Thanks for lookikng and C&C always welcomed

Memory Mate -

Individual -

Sep 21, 2012 at 05:05 PM
andypep
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

I really like this. Simple and different. Nicely Done.

Sep 21, 2012 at 06:13 PM
James Broome
• • •
p.1 #3 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

Yeah, I like it as well. I may derive something from it for my own use. Lots of possibilities in that design approach - kudos.

Sep 21, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Ralph Thompson
• • •
p.1 #4 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

I like it. The only thing I question is the lights and field, look like a football field.... The opacity is down so it may not matter... The stadium lights graphics look a little hot to me. Maybe if you lit the player with a kicker from both sides to match the graphic...hmmmm not sure there either..... just a thought. Really like the template.

Sep 21, 2012 at 07:54 PM
clindsey

p.1 #5 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

Thanks Guys..

Ralph the field is a baseball field and the lights might be a bit hot because of a bum of contrast and sharpening for the web. Funny that you say that about the rim light...I'm shooting a soccer team this weekend and plan to use one for them...

Thanks again
Charles

Sep 22, 2012 at 02:30 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

I like everything with the exception of the crop lines on the indy shot. Just not a big fan of the floating head in space.

Sep 22, 2012 at 05:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jay.johnsonau

p.1 #7 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

similar to the team and individuals i do
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527302_401230676609717_620515609_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/564157_401230819943036_373487279_n.jpg

Sep 28, 2012 at 02:19 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

I'm not super crazy about the WA aspects of the individual shot. It exagerates her torso too much.

Sep 28, 2012 at 02:36 PM
clindsey

p.1 #9 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

Thanks for the feedback guys...

Paul, I hear ya, I tried a bunch of different crops and this crop was the one that fit the best without making them look tiny or covering the field and logo...I think I might try a landscape version for future ones and see if I can get different crop for the individual.

Caleb, I know, the dugout was tight so we were as far back as we could go.

Jay, those look great...thanks for sharing!

Thanks again!

Sep 28, 2012 at 03:15 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

clindsey wrote:
Caleb, I know, the dugout was tight so we were as far back as we could go.

In that case, I'd say you made the best out of a bad situation. Love the processing and the rest of it though.

Sep 28, 2012 at 03:17 PM
John Patrick
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Different type of Memory mate and team shot...

I thought the individual background was entirely added in post, then I had to re-read and see that the bricks were part of the natural background.

That background is nice. You should shoot the blank wall by itself to use as post-added backgrounds for other sports if they don't have anything as nice!

John

Sep 28, 2012 at 03:40 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password