Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

sperraglia
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

Over the years I have never had a bad experience with Jamesburg so I shouldn't be surprised. Selling my 5d2 so sent in for a clean and check and tossed in my new used 300mm 2.8 for one too. Frankly I am surprised they didn't charge me for the 300mm because they ended up replacing several parts - it is almost like a new lens. Oh and I dropped it off on Sunday and had it back Thursday. At first I thought maybe they had messed up and sent me a 500mm back because the box was so big - seriously big box - actually double boxed and probably a whole roll of bubble wrap to keep my 300mm safe and sound. Nice job Canon!

Sep 21, 2012 at 01:59 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

Very good.
Only issue I ever had was they seem to skimp on packing lol.

Jamesburg always does a good job for me though. It's where my year will always go.

Sep 21, 2012 at 02:08 PM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

Canon NJ is amazing! They always tend to do the extra little bit...

I have had two items now repaired out of warranty, free.

They fixed the zoom creep on my 24-105 with just a check and clean (generally not included). If you ask they tend to do extra stuff without charge.

When my 70-200 II had IS issues and they replaced the IS unit, when I got it back I thought the focus ring felt a bit off (it wobbled a bit, was not sure if normal). They sent me prepaid label to send them back (normal), but I got a personal call that day they got it and the lady said she took my lens to the technicians and also to the rental area to directly compare mine to them, and mine was normal. The big thing here being a personal call that I did not ask for!

I just sent my 5D3 + 70-200 II and 1.4x II in... Everything but 1.4x under warranty and asked them to calibrate everything together, and they did without charge. Sent in Monday, have it back today!

Always carefully packed... Fast service... Great work... Items returned extremely clean.

A+ for them!

Sep 21, 2012 at 02:11 PM
ChrisRD
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

I sent them a 100-400 I got from the refurb store that seemed to have a bit of AF flakiness going-on. They replaced the entire AF system and a few other things and had it back to me in days (and very well packed). Not only did the AF work great (and a bit faster) but the lens was actually sharper too.

Sep 21, 2012 at 02:35 PM
Yohan Pamudji
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

In my early Canon days I sent my stuff to the California facility (can't remember what city--must be subconsciously blanking it out) and it took them 6 trips to get it right, pushing back the entire way instead of doing things right. The next time and every time since I've sent stuff to Jamesburg, NJ and they nail it the first time every time. Not saying they'll never mess up, but for me they've been perfect.

Sep 21, 2012 at 07:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

Anyone have good stories about Canon Irvine? That's my local CPS.

Sep 21, 2012 at 08:48 PM
Yohan Pamudji
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

Irvine--that's the name I was subconsciously blocking from memory I'm sure others have had much better experiences, but mine was absolutely terrible.

Sep 21, 2012 at 08:51 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

Love Jamesburg , not so much their other east coast place...

Sep 21, 2012 at 08:54 PM
sperraglia
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

Good to hear it is not just me in showing Jamesburg a little love. Seriously can't believe that they didn't charge me for the work they did on the 300mm but not complaining!

Sep 21, 2012 at 09:26 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Kudos to Canon Jamesburg

Nothing but praise for the Jamesburg facility. It's especially nice being only 30 minutes away!!!
Bob

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password