Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Lightroom colour shift correction

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Good to know about C1. Thanks!

Sep 27, 2012 at 04:49 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.2 #2 · Lightroom colour shift correction

I see C1 suggests to use "Capture Integration Pocket LCC" to get your profile shot, it looks like an opaque sheet of Lexan/polycarbonate, has anyone used one and are it's results better than kimwipes/white-plastic-bags, etc...
I did have some issues trying to get a good profile with my CV 15, al my profiles were showing detail of some kind.

At the bottom:
http://www.captureintegration.com/store/phase-one-accessories/

Oct 04, 2012 at 08:33 AM
inglis
• •
p.2 #3 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Man, was about to order the LLC, when about to click, noticed that US postage was at 99$, so cancelled. Reset, it came to only 13.31!

Oct 04, 2012 at 02:39 PM
JimBuchanan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Althought Cornerfix was a good solution at the time, this Adobe DNG Flat Field plug-in is really welcomed for an in-Lightroom solution for magenta corners.

First is the RAW uncorrected or processed frame using the ZM25 Biogon on a NEX-7:

Then, a plug-in version with some post processing:

I use the "external correction" option, as it is way more convienient to have a general blank, versus taking a calibration shot with white diffuser on every different scene.

Oct 14, 2012 at 09:01 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.2 #5 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Me neither.
Lightroom would be great *IF* you could disable the catalog crap.

Bifurcator wrote:
I hope it makes it into ACR... I can't stand using LR...

Oct 15, 2012 at 07:03 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · Lightroom colour shift correction

buggz2k wrote:
Me neither.
Lightroom would be great *IF* you could disable the catalog crap.

why don't you just tell it not to move your photos. it's one of the import options.

Oct 15, 2012 at 08:26 PM
Jim Schemel
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Would anyone be willing to give me a quick tutorial on how to fix the edges on a photo? I have the plug ins in installed and file is converted to a DNG but when i apply the plug in i see no changes.I must say that i want to be able to use light room but i find the work flow very different than what i am used to.Its even quite a challenge to find the right file you want to work on.Any help would be appreciated
-Jim

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JimBuchanan
• • •
p.2 #8 · Lightroom colour shift correction

I can start off how I import the RAWs and others can fill in the blanks because I also need to streamline the process of presets for specific lenses.

My LR 4 import preset converts the RAW to DNG in a new location and adds to the catalog, the specified folder according to date. At this point, I don't Apply any develop settings during import, however I may like to apply certain presets based on Metadata in the future (Lens specific).

After I run the plug-in on a photo, LR seems default to a stacked view as the 2nd DNG with appended "_ff" doesn't appear immediately in the bottom Library filmstrip panel. Right clicking on the filmstrip bar and choosing "All photographs" seems to get visibility of the _ff photo.

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Jim Schemel
• • • •
p.2 #9 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Jim - thank you very much for taking the time.What you said did indeed help.When i select apply interleaved correction it starts working and then an error box pops up saying "no calibration image detected" Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
-Jim

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Jim Schemel wrote:
Jim - thank you very much for taking the time.What you said did indeed help.When i select apply interleaved correction it starts working and then an error box pops up saying "no calibration image detected" Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
-Jim

interleaved correction only works if you have your calibration shots right next to the shot you want to correct. otherwise you have to choose "apply external correction ..." and then select the calibration shot. this means it's good to leave your calibration shots in an easy to find location.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Jim Schemel
• • • •
p.2 #11 · Lightroom colour shift correction

What would be a good calibration shot? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i am new to LR
-Jim

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Jim Schemel wrote:
What would be a good calibration shot? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i am new to LR
-Jim

A shot through a diffuser using a good light source at the same focus distance as the shot you're trying to correct. You can build of set of calibration shots that way that will cover you in most shooting scenarios. And it's not stupid. This is new for those of us who never got into CornerFix.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Jim Schemel
• • • •
p.2 #13 · Lightroom colour shift correction

Derek and Brad, Thanks also for your help and patience.At times i am slow to understand these things but i am persistent.I am determined to learn LR to take advantage of these plugins.
-Jim

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:50 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password