Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Exporting from LR 4

IndyFab
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Exporting from LR 4

Fairly new to LR 4, and I have sent pictures via email.

I have not tried to post pictures here using LR. What would be the best way including settings to do that.

I beleive you can post from your library to FM without uploding to web first.

I use a goggle picasa account to host my pictures, and know when I upload there first, then I can post pictures on the web.

At present I have no smugmug or zenfolio hosting site for pictures.

Just need to know proper settings to use.

Thx for you time.
Indy

Sep 19, 2012 at 09:52 PM
sic0048
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Exporting from LR 4

If there is a LR plugin for the forum (I haven't checked, but would be surprised if there is) then you could upload directly from LR to the forum. Otherwise you will need to export JPEGs from LR onto your hard drive and then upload them to your gallery.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Exporting from LR 4

Export as jpg with the appropriate size (I think 800 pixel on the long edge is the usual limit, but check), set the colour profile to sRGB and include the colour profile with the image so that those of us with clever browsers will see it correctly. Also include relevant exif data.

Then go to FM and create your post and point to the jpg on your drive to include it in the post. You will not be able to control where it appears in the post. That only works if you link to already-on-the-web photos.

Sep 20, 2012 at 04:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Exporting from LR 4

As far as I can see there is no way to go direct from LR to FM .

Your profile says you have FM image upload , so the best way would to export at the settings you want to a place on your hard drive and then upload them to FM

If you want to send them to picasa I think you can go direct (i may be wrong as I'm not in front of my LR4 pc at the moment) if you can it would be much the same way I use for SmugMug.

I have collections under the smugmug part of the library . When you send your images to a collection you then publish and it uploads the images for you .
You set up all the upload options in advance and each upload service can have different upload options (my Flickr uploads have a different size and also have a watermark on them )

Sep 20, 2012 at 06:22 AM
IndyFab
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Exporting from LR 4

Thank you everyone for the directions.

Sep 23, 2012 at 01:37 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Exporting from LR 4

One other consideration. If you upload directly to FM there is a maximum file size limit. From time to time Fred has increased it, but I think it may be 650k. You can check the Upload page for restrictions. I typically export from LR as jpeg with longest edge set either to 1000 horizontal or 800 longest edge, max file size 600K, sRBG. Since you have the upload subscription you have the option of adding mat and frame, EXIF after upload.
Havent heard anything about a direct export to FM plug-in.

Scott

Sep 23, 2012 at 07:45 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password