New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Colormunki Advanced errors out

Kathy White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Colormunki Advanced errors out

Would appreciate it if anyone has a clue why I can't get the Colormunki to calibrate my LCD screen of my laptop in the advanced mode. The basic worked fine but I wanted to calibrate the ambient light and tryed to run the advanced. I have done it over and over. I get to the end to save the monitor profile and it says it had an error and retry. Which I do and get the same thing all over again. My laptop is a Dell Studio 1747.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:39 PM
Allynb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Colormunki Advanced errors out

Kathy
I have used colormunki on a laptop with no problems. With the ambient test the unit must be out of the case due to the Top sensor in use for this calibration. This sensor reads and records the ambient light units and re-adjusts the light parameters before the actual calibration begins. Did it ask you to reduce your monitors brightness?
Try uninstalling and re-installing your CM software.
if that doesn't work call Xrite. They have a good tech Rep.

Good luck
Allan

Edited on Sep 19, 2012 at 04:43 PM · View previous versions

Sep 19, 2012 at 04:37 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Colormunki Advanced errors out

generally, it's not a great idea to bother w/ the ambient reading *unless* the expected viewing illumination is the same. You want to profile for the expected viewing level.

Usually, 90-120 is where you want to be. I set my target to 95.

Sep 19, 2012 at 04:41 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Colormunki Advanced errors out

Thanks Allan, I did have it out of the case for the measurement and just tried it again with still getting the error. I did reduce the brightness during the process, just one step.
Everything has worked perfectly except this part.

Thanks to you as well Howard, I usually edit at night in our familyroom so the area's conditions should be about the same. I set mine to about 80.

Sep 19, 2012 at 08:39 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Colormunki Advanced errors out

I will try reinstalling the application then calling them if necessary. I used a Sypder Pro previously and had no problems with the ambient light measurements. I have an external monitor I use for editing posters. I may try it first just to see if it is something about my laptop causing it.

Sep 19, 2012 at 08:41 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.