Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
7
       8              35       36       end
  

Archive 2012 · 6D - hands on & first experience
  
 
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · 6D - hands on & first experience


+1


Sep 29, 2012 at 06:54 PM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · 6D - hands on & first experience


On photokina I was told, delivery will start beginning of December. Anybody here heard something new or more specific?

Ralph



Sep 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM
nalax
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Thanks Ralph, I'm looking forward to seeing the 6D. The silent mode would have helped shooting jazz this past weekend. With the 5DII I made sure not to shoot during the quieter moments as that "clack-clack" is distracting! I did hit focus well and if the 6D is better, then that will be icing on the cake.


Oct 01, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Uh! I am dreaming about getting this camera into my hands again! Never had this feeling so intensely before ...

Just pulled a tarot card, what 6D means for me: Ace of swords!

Ralph



Oct 03, 2012 at 08:13 AM
MintMar
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · 6D - hands on & first experience


stargazer78 wrote:
Didn't Canon already prove that with the 5D2? A lot of forum jockeys who criticized Canon's design choices in 2008 have a lot of crow to eat.



I fail to spot the same attractive features in 6D that saved 5D2's a**:
1) high resolution sensor available on 1Ds3 only and not in any Nikon at 5D2 price
2) video

I'd wait with the 6D crow.



Oct 03, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · 6D - hands on & first experience


1. ISO 25k native priced 33% lower than 5D III and 65% down from 1D X?
2. -3 EV?
3. (the expected) better IQ (less noise) at higher ISO resulting from the new (exmor comparable?) sensor design?
4. silent mode

Only this looks very attractive to me.

The downsteps for me are:
- 100k shutter cycles (why did they go down)?
- SD card instead of CF
- missing joystick

Edited on Oct 06, 2012 at 04:33 PM · View previous versions



Oct 06, 2012 at 08:55 AM
Mauro Moretti
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Ralph,

I am also waiting for the 6d, even if the sensor is "only" as good as the 5d III.
Is it only deduction or do you have some proof that the sensor would have better IQ than the 5d III? That would be very good.

On the other hand, I am buying the 40mm 2.8 and a wrist strap to transform my 5D into a glorified 700USD full frame P&S



Oct 06, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Mauro Moretti wrote:
Ralph,

I am also waiting for the 6d, even if the sensor is "only" as good as the 5d III.
Is it only deduction or do you have some proof that the sensor would have better IQ than the 5d III? That would be very good.

On the other hand, I am buying the 40mm 2.8 and a wrist strap to transform my 5D into a glorified 700USD full frame P&S


I would be happy with it, too. But the german online forum "digitalkamera.de" mentioned in its introduction:
"Eigens dafür entwickelte Canon einen neuen, etwa 20 Megapixel auflösenden CMOS-Sensor mit einem Standard-ISO-Arbeitsbereich von 100 bis 25.600. Er lässt sich aber wie bei Canon üblich noch erweitern und deckt dann ISO 50 bis ISO 102.400 ab. Lückenlos angeordnete Microlinsen sollen die Lichtaufnahme verbessern, Schaltkreise direkt hinter den Fotodioden auf dem Sensor das Rauschen reduzieren."

Here is the google translation of the last sentence that makes me believe the new sensor might generate exmor comparable results: "Gapless microlenses arranged to improve the light absorption,
" circuits directly behind the photo diodes (should) reduce the sensor noise."



Oct 06, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Mauro Moretti
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Thanks, I think you may be right. I am waiting the first reviews, but so long both autofocus and sensor seems to be very good, better than 5dII.


Oct 06, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · 6D - hands on & first experience


I updated the "silent mode" three posts above.


Oct 06, 2012 at 04:36 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



XsigmaSD
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Ralph Conway wrote:
On photokina I was told, delivery will start beginning of December. Anybody here heard something new or more specific?

Ralph


Take it for what it's worth Ralph...
I was in my friendly local camera shop today and was told to expect the 6D before the EOS M. Their supply chain rumor is "possibly by the end of October" They said that ehy have heard that the EOS M is in danger of not making out by Christmas, but they didn't know why.

Like I said, take it for what it's worth.



Oct 07, 2012 at 02:33 AM
coppertop
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · 6D - hands on & first experience


The $1800 sale price is due to expire on October 27th.... I wonder if Canon will replace the MKII with the 6D as their low price full-frame camera then.


Oct 07, 2012 at 03:20 AM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · 6D - hands on & first experience


XsigmaSD wrote:
Take it for what it's worth Ralph...
I was in my friendly local camera shop today and was told to expect the 6D before the EOS M. Their supply chain rumor is "possibly by the end of October" They said that ehy have heard that the EOS M is in danger of not making out by Christmas, but they didn't know why.

Like I said, take it for what it's worth.


Thank you. I did not expect it before Dezember. But any day earlier would be nice.



Edited on Oct 09, 2012 at 07:34 AM · View previous versions



Oct 07, 2012 at 09:49 AM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Amazon UK listed 6D as available 1st of march, 2013 ( northlight ).
Amazon germany still lists availability at 1st of january (wonder how this should work ).

My dealer told me there is no final date, but it will be (still) december "according to Canon". And they asked me, if I wish to place a preorder.



Nov 03, 2012 at 09:55 PM
anthonygh
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Ralph Conway wrote:
Amazon UK listed 6D as available 1st of march, 2013 ( northlight ).
Amazon germany still lists availability at 1st of january (wonder how this should work ).

My dealer told me there is no final date, but it will be (still) december "according to Canon". And they asked me, if I wish to place a preorder.


This so reminds me of the 60s when besotted teenagers ordered the latest Beatles or Stones single before anyone had ever heard it.....those were the days....



Nov 04, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Imagemaster
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Ralph Conway wrote:
Amazon UK listed 6D as available 1st of march, 2013 ( northlight ).
Amazon germany still lists availability at 1st of january (wonder how this should work ).

My dealer told me there is no final date, but it will be (still) december "according to Canon". And they asked me, if I wish to place a preorder.


Expected at B&H on Dec. 10:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892349-REG/Canon_8035b002_EOS_6D_Digital_Camera.html



Nov 04, 2012 at 12:44 AM
woos
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Ralph Conway wrote:
Here is the google translation of the last sentence that makes me believe the new sensor might generate exmor comparable results: "Gapless microlenses arranged to improve the light absorption,
" circuits directly behind the photo diodes (should) reduce the sensor noise."


I don't think so unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong, though. The word is that it uses the standard analog output channels that all other Canon sensors have used so far.



Nov 04, 2012 at 01:47 AM
Shutterbug2006
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #18 · p.7 #18 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Imagemaster wrote:
Expected at B&H on Dec. 10:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892349-REG/Canon_8035b002_EOS_6D_Digital_Camera.html


Just in time for Christmas!



Nov 04, 2012 at 09:17 PM
Mauro Moretti
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #19 · p.7 #19 · 6D - hands on & first experience


0.5um or 0.18um?


Nov 04, 2012 at 09:42 PM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #20 · p.7 #20 · 6D - hands on & first experience


Mauro Moretti wrote:
0.5um or 0.18um?






Nov 05, 2012 at 07:12 AM
1       2       3              6      
7
       8              35       36       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
7
       8              35       36       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password