1       2       3              34      
       36       end

Archive 2012 · 6D - hands on & first experience

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.35 #1 · p.35 #1 · 6D - hands on & first experience

StillFingerz wrote:
A full on language tutorial, they call me mutt, my family tree knocks on just about every door in the EU; mostly the norther region, but even a few USA southern teepees. I'm of such mixed blood that I speak mostly my native tongue...surfer

It would be gnarly if the 6D had a built-in language translator, it might say...

Peter, un autre grand oiseau en vol et l'image avec la 6D et 800L, tout simplement incroyable, comment l'équilibre?

Jerry's mother tongue is Surfer......that is hilarious. (-: (-:

Feb 12, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #2 · p.35 #2 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I do not remember how this started. The thead originally was about early 6D experiences.
But no matter how this started. It is like it is. In germany 6D (six Dee) is spoken more like "sex D" (the "ee" in Dee is pronounced different, too - the Dee sounds more like a De where the "e" is more like the "e" of environment, I guess).

Sounds here like it feels (in my hands) ... very sexy!

Feb 12, 2013 at 02:17 PM
danb121
• •
p.35 #3 · p.35 #3 · 6D - hands on & first experience

outlawyer wrote:
That's one great thing about Europe.......just about all reasonably educated people can make some use of languages other than their mother tongue, and that is considered quite normal

Conversely, one tragic thing about America is that we have a chief executive who thinks "Austrian" is a language.

Not if you're British... the rest of Europe put us to shame… Ralphs grasp of the English language is better than some of those that claim it as thier native tounge

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:25 PM
outlawyer
• • •
p.35 #4 · p.35 #4 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I speak fluent cat.
And Ralph, the 6D does feel great! Best rubberizing I've encountered. And the Meinke(sp?) aftermarket grip is almost a perfect match, at least so far.

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:55 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #5 · p.35 #5 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Thank you, danb121 . But my english is not good enough. It needs more practice than I give it.

@ outlawyer:
I know it feels great. Didn´t I start this thread mentioning this?
Would you post some pictures of the Meinke attached to the 6D?

This is my complain about companies like Canon instead of camera prices: Offering a grip, a lens collar or hood at 10-15% of the body/lens price is a shame. There is no excuse why a lens collar or hood is sold seperately, imo. No matter if not everybody needs it and how "cheap" the lens might be.

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:38 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.35 #6 · p.35 #6 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Ralph Conway wrote:
Thank you, danb121 . But my english is not good enough. It needs more practice than I give it.

@ outlawyer:
I know it feels great. Didn´t I start this thread mentioning this?
Would you post some pictures of the Meinke attached to the 6D?

This is my complain about companies like Canon instead of camera prices: Offering a grip, a lens collar or hood at 10-15% of the body/lens price is a shame. There is no excuse why a lens collar or hood is sold seperately, imo. No matter if not everybody needs it and how "cheap" the lens might be.
...Show more

Ralph, here's a photo of the 6D with the above mentioned grip...
http://www.amazon.com/BestDealUSA-Vertical-Multi-Power-BG-E13-Battery/dp/B00AWLRLYK/ref=pd_sim_e_4

Feb 12, 2013 at 09:40 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #7 · p.35 #7 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Good morning (here), Jerry. Thank you. But as far I see, this shot shows the original Canon 6D promo picture hanging at my wall since 4 month. It does not show the "Meike" in my opinion.

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:39 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.35 #8 · p.35 #8 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Ralph: you've been talking about the 6D for the longest time. Isn't it about time for you to get one yourself?

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:05 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #9 · p.35 #9 · 6D - hands on & first experience

thw2 wrote:
Ralph: you've been talking about the 6D for the longest time. Isn't it about time for you to get one yourself?

yes! Decission has been made already. I purchased my 5D II half a year after sales started. I have some jobs to do in February. I do not like to start with a new body within. After them I will decide how to finance the purchase. Do not worry. I will let everybody know as soon as I got it.

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:42 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.35 #10 · p.35 #10 · 6D - hands on & first experience

So who has tried the above Meike grip? Any feedback?

Feb 16, 2013 at 05:17 AM
mikegrados
• •
p.35 #11 · p.35 #11 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I'm currently using my 6D in the hospital with my wife. Keeping family back home up to date with the progress of the delivery. It's tied to my tablet on which I'm doing minor edits. Only lens I brought was my 40/2.8. It's all working perfectly!

Feb 18, 2013 at 01:50 AM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.35 #12 · p.35 #12 · 6D - hands on & first experience

One can hear all about the 6D here if you're fortunate to be nearby, or want to travel far:

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/events_calendar/event_details/cll_events/20130220_eos6d_indepth_pro_cll.shtml

The speaker, Rudy Winston, seems to be always very engaging.

Db

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:41 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #13 · p.35 #13 · 6D - hands on & first experience

This is a bit to far away from my place for my taste ...

Feb 19, 2013 at 04:19 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #14 · p.35 #14 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Hell! Those samples ( https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1176041 ) are so good! I think I can not wait much longer to get the 6D ...

Mar 18, 2013 at 06:27 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #15 · p.35 #15 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I could. Better: I had to wait.

But yesterday I recieved a mail from "outlawyer":

Guten morgen Ralphie

This guy gets a lot of flack here, but I like him, just thought you might be interested in this

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/6d.htm

The 6D is without a doubt the best camera I have ever owned. But I can't bring myself to let go of my old 5DC, which is now the second best camera I have ever owned

Wiedersehen!

Ken might be not anybodies favorite blogger. But what he wrote about 6D is what I think myself.
I will find out soon, I guess.

Ralph

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:50 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #16 · p.35 #16 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Finally I purchased it. And to close this thread, read my review (no link but second page).

Thank you to anybody following this thread. Thank you to all the early purchasers, who made me sure. I saw your pics and the dream went on. Now it is just reality.

Thank you.

Feb 15, 2014 at 04:59 PM
Elfraim
• •
p.35 #17 · p.35 #17 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Thanks for all the information here, Hope you enjoy your new toy

Feb 15, 2014 at 06:13 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #18 · p.35 #18 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Purchased mine January 16th at least.
After nearly 6 month I find myself completely happy and comfortable with this body.
In my opinion Canon did an excellent job on it. I also got along with the missing joystick.
I miss it and still would prefere it. But after a few days I got used to the "multi tool".

Jul 08, 2014 at 04:27 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.35 #19 · p.35 #19 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Thanks for the update, Ralph. I like mine, too.

Jul 08, 2014 at 07:17 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.35 #20 · p.35 #20 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Gee willikers, the 6D is oh so jim-dandy!

Jul 08, 2014 at 05:05 PM
       36       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

36       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.