Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11      
       13              35       36       end

Archive 2012 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Ralph Conway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #1 · p.12 #1 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Maybe Nikons D600 announcement hit them a bit surprisingly (?) and they feel forced to come with their own news earlier than they planed.
But I guess they plan over longer periods, too. I guess, they have checked our 5D III wish list thread 1.5 years ago and they rememebered that I loved "Star Wars", "E.T:", "Jurassic Park", "Titanic" and "Avatar" and I predicted all five movies to become the most successfull movies ever (for some time). Than they realized I loved 5D II, which became very sucessfull, too ... and created a 6D to fullfill this wishes and all my needs ... of course they implemented new sensor tech to give this camera the best sensor of all

Nov 17, 2012 at 07:09 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #2 · p.12 #2 · 6D - hands on & first experience

It is starting ...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166812/0#lastmessage

Nov 18, 2012 at 07:38 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #3 · p.12 #3 · 6D - hands on & first experience

This thread did fullfill its goal. It looks that there are bodies out now and we get more and more first hand info of production 6Ds. There is an other thread running now and I guess some more will follow.

I will follow and "support" them but I guess I am already convinced and will try to get a 6D as soon as possible (based on availability and my finances). I will let you know when this happened and I guess I will start a new thread telling you my experiences in real life shooting.

Thank you for your opinions, comments, nice words, additional information I was looking for and a discussion that at least gives me the chance to complete my mind concerning this new camera.

Ralph

Nov 19, 2012 at 09:16 AM
ukkisavosta
• •
p.12 #4 · p.12 #4 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Thanks for starting and keeping up this thread, Ralph. I've followed it with interest!

Jaakko

Nov 19, 2012 at 09:36 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #5 · p.12 #5 · 6D - hands on & first experience

It was in my own interess, Jaakko. Thank you for following.

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #6 · p.12 #6 · 6D - hands on & first experience

The first sample images (not from Canon) and sensor tests are out now. And the sensor looks great (pre release model):

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1167264

I will start a new thread as soon I testet one for real. Thank you all for following.

Ralph

Nov 20, 2012 at 07:04 PM
Y0GI

p.12 #7 · p.12 #7 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Ralph Conway wrote:
The first sample images (not from Canon) and sensor tests are out now. And the sensor looks great (pre release model):

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1167264

I will start a new thread as soon I testet one for real. Thank you all for following.

Ralph

Ralph - Thank you so much for all of the useful information of your experiences!

I don't follow FM Forums much. Could you please post a link here to your new thread when you get your 6D? I'm very interested in your opinions of the actual camera in hand.

Nov 20, 2012 at 07:15 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.12 #8 · p.12 #8 · 6D - hands on & first experience

is the release date in the US still Dec. 10

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Cphoto1954
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #9 · p.12 #9 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I have read through many forums regarding that some cameras do not look like pro cameras. Well this is a thought I have held for many years now;

I do not care to impress with how my camera looks, I care to impress with how my images look.

Nov 21, 2012 at 01:19 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.12 #10 · p.12 #10 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Cphoto1954 wrote:
I have read through many forums regarding that some cameras do not look like pro cameras. Well this is a thought I have held for many years now;

I do not care to impress with how my camera looks, I care to impress with how my images look.

I think the 6D has a rather pedestrian DSLR camera look... so no one will call it ugly.

OTOH, I do not understand the big deal about camera looks. I don't even find Pentax K-01 repulsive. Oh well...

Nov 21, 2012 at 01:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #11 · p.12 #11 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Maybe I have a very pedestrian taste. Imo it is a beauty (with grip).

Nov 21, 2012 at 09:40 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.12 #12 · p.12 #12 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Just a quick sneak peak of the menus on the 6D, of particular interest is the bit about the new AF, seems it has controls that let you change acceleration and deceleration for tracking...kinda like the pro toys do!

This crippled bit of new Canon craptech just might be okay

Canon EOS 6D hands-on preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVwK4V5AOfk&feature=fvwrel

Nov 21, 2012 at 09:56 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #13 · p.12 #13 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Jerry,
that there are menu choices for the AF sytem does not mean, they do anything ...

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.12 #14 · p.12 #14 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Ralph Conway wrote:
Jerry,
that there are menu choices for the AF sytem does not mean, they do anything ...

But, but, but it has a FF sensor also...crap must get my coloring book and crayolas out I guess

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.12 #15 · p.12 #15 · 6D - hands on & first experience

uhhhh SD cards
that is a negative in my book

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM
devaulrg
• •
p.12 #16 · p.12 #16 · 6D - hands on & first experience

abqnmusa wrote:
uhhhh SD cards

Why is that? Not trying to flame or argue anything, I'm just curious why that is an issue for you.

For me, I'm OK w/ SD. I don't currently have any SD cards other than whats in my S95, but SD is ok for me because then I can plug it into the reader that is in my Dell U2410 and also I can use the cards on tablets and such. Since SD extreme 32GB cards are around $30, it'll be switch I'm OK with. I think back when I bought my CF cards they were near $100 for 16GB.

Also, back when I sold cameras at Best Buy, CF was faster than SD. I haven't kept up on the tech to see how that compares now.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.12 #17 · p.12 #17 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I prefer CF but nothing specifically wrong with SD. I use it in smaller cameras all the time.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:47 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.12 #18 · p.12 #18 · 6D - hands on & first experience

SD cards, CF cards...have several of each type; in 4, 8, 16 and 32gb sizes, carry both, always have my G12 in my regular bag which has my croppers n lenses...thinktank makes good easy access carry cases for cards and batteries

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:17 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #19 · p.12 #19 · 6D - hands on & first experience

devaulrg wrote:
Why is that? Not trying to flame or argue anything, I'm just curious why that is an issue for you.

For me, I'm OK w/ SD. I don't currently have any SD cards other than whats in my S95, but SD is ok for me because then I can plug it into the reader that is in my Dell U2410 and also I can use the cards on tablets and such. Since SD extreme 32GB cards are around $30, it'll be switch I'm OK with. I think back when I bought my CF cards they were near $100 for 16GB.

Also, back
...Show more

Yes! This is a big advantadge, although I do not like the size. When I once shot out of town, I forgot my CF-card reader. Luckily I had the camera connection cord with me, so I was still able to hand out some pics for the the next mornings "intro" ... after sitting half the night transferring pictures. All my digital equipments offer SD card readers but no CF ones. Of course I like 5D IIIs way offering CF and SD.

Nov 22, 2012 at 07:56 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.12 #20 · p.12 #20 · 6D - hands on & first experience

abqnmusa wrote:
uhhhh SD cards

That is a non-issue in my book.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Nov 22, 2012 at 09:35 AM