Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

woos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

snapsy wrote:
I'm more surprised that they didn't use the selective window readout feature that's been available on previous Exmor sensors and presumably is available on the 36MP sensor as well. That would have given the D800 the same pixel-accurate 1:1 view that's available on the D7000/D5100's LV and also significantly improved the quality of the LV feed in low light.

Just a thought...aren't some of the exmor's registers re-programmable later? I could be wayyy wrong on this. But if so, it might mean a firmware update could resolve some issues *whistles innocently*. That'd rock if so!

Nov 11, 2012 at 06:27 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

woos wrote:
Just a thought...aren't some of the exmor's registers re-programmable later? I could be wayyy wrong on this. But if so, it might mean a firmware update could resolve some issues *whistles innocently*. That'd rock if so!

You'd have to write the code to turn on the mode and then add logic to read the select sensor data for generating the LV feed. The code should already be there from firmware in recent bodies. The big question is why Nikon chose not to use it. I have a few theories but they're just wild guesses. I can't see any technical reason outside of maybe having to rely solely on the video processing feed for LV in certain video configurations.

Nov 11, 2012 at 09:34 PM
MichaelUribe

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

The Sacuto EVF looks like a lot of fun to play with.
hope I can justify the investment by having a need for this device.
The problem with evf's is that once you open that door I literally see at least another $5 grand investment to get all the other bells and whistles you want to put the pedal to the metal in your implementation of the device.

And let's not forget the steady cam rig since we're barking up that investment tree.

Nov 11, 2012 at 09:52 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

Well, if you want to do professional-quality video, I guess that is the road you take. But I just want to focus my camera and compose the photo

I tried the Helicon Remote/NEXUS-7 combination with my D800, and it worked, although I have to wonder what kind of people are doing the program. I don't see any colour calibration ability, no zebra stripes, no focus peaking... It is just a monitor, like the one on the back of your camera, but larger. Not exactly what I am looking for.

It appears to be made for macro, although the lack of focus peaking is also felt there. You can remote control the camera, not so useful when the camera is right there in any case. And the normal shutter release does not appear to work while the app is running.

I am also not aware of a case or bracket to hold the NEXUS, so some ad-hoc solution is needed.

I think I might pick up a SmallHD DP4.

Nov 12, 2012 at 03:05 PM
jangoloti

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

Dear all,

Has somebody managed to get rid of the issue described above, the momentary blackout of the monitor when hitting the REC button on the D800?

I was thinking of buying the metal case version of the Camax H056: Is there a more appropriate monitor to reduce the effects of this small misbehaviour?

Best regards,

JA

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM
RRRoger
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

jangoloti wrote:
Dear all,

Has somebody managed to get rid of the issue described above, the momentary blackout of the monitor when hitting the REC button on the D800?

I was thinking of buying the metal case version of the Camax H056: Is there a more appropriate monitor to reduce the effects of this small misbehaviour?

Best regards,

JA

I rarely recorded video to the internal cards on my D800 because the lenght was not enough for my work.
Also the output quality can be improved with an external recorder.
My Ninja II is now available and it has a built in monitor.
I also have a Shuttle II and Camax H056
A better choice might be to wait for the new 7" Atomos Shogun Recorder or the Odyssey 7 (or Q),
both will record 1080 P60 and that is the main reason I want to upgrade.

Apr 22, 2014 at 02:50 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

RRRoger wrote:
I think Nikon is doing as good as they can.
They are still new to Video.

But Nikon was the first company to offer video in a DSLR... perhaps they are just slow learners?

Apr 22, 2014 at 04:15 PM
RRRoger
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · D800/E liveview through hdmi?

molson wrote:
But Nikon was the first company to offer video in a DSLR... perhaps they are just slow learners?

Yes but before the D90 Nikon had no experience with Video,
Canon, Sony, and Panasonic were already making VideoCams.

Apr 22, 2014 at 06:04 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.