Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Something to leave you with...

Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Something to leave you with...

If China and Japan start shooting at each other…will Fukushima seem to be just passing wind…

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:02 AM
timbop
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Something to leave you with...

It will get solved with diplomacy; they are both too smart to risk their financial futures

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:29 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Something to leave you with...

Yes, I was just about to say that about Canon cameras. The weather here as been lovely, too. The screen is a bit bright on my computer. Man, dinner was good. Is it September already? Is that a puppy!?

Wait. What were we talking about... ;-)

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:46 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Something to leave you with...

Exactly what do China have that could shoot at Japan?

If China could invade anywhere first it would be Taiwan I'm sure. They dont have much of a navy or gear to invade another country.

Though ofcourse it IS China and they could build one in about 3 weeks.

Sep 19, 2012 at 03:01 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Something to leave you with...

Jefferson, are you leaving us? Where are you going?

Sep 19, 2012 at 03:07 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Something to leave you with...

Photon wrote:
Jefferson, are you leaving us? Where are you going?

Only for the evening...I like hanging out and picking fights too much to leave for any extended period of time...

As far as where I'm going...I'm sure it will be some place warm and cozy with the sent of sulfur in the air...but I hope to put off that trip 'till later...I'm sure to the disappoint of many...but I hope to bring my 5Dc along when the time comes...that should make for some interesting posts

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:38 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Something to leave you with...

gdanmitchell wrote:
Yes, I was just about to say that about Canon cameras. The weather here as been lovely, too. The screen is a bit bright on my computer. Man, dinner was good. Is it September already? Is that a puppy!?

Wait. What were we talking about... ;-)

We were discussing what you are having for dinner and did you bring enough for everyone…pay attention!

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:43 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Something to leave you with...

RobDickinson wrote:
Exactly what do China have that could shoot at Japan?

If China could invade anywhere first it would be Taiwan I'm sure. They dont have much of a navy or gear to invade another country.

Though ofcourse it IS China and they could build one in about 3 weeks.

Financial attack...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/9551727/Beijing-hints-at-bond-attack-on-Japan.html

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Something to leave you with...

China has Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles with atomic bombs. It is building or rebuilding it's first modern aircraft carrier.

But in general I tend to be optimistic that from this point on, major wars between powers are deemed bad for business and likely to cause revolutions resulting in governments being thrown out. Wars against third-rate powers and no-powers: watch out.

Japan needs to apologize formally and sincerely for its actions 81 to 67 years ago (1931-1945) which were deeply despicable. It would go a huge distance to setting things right.

Sep 19, 2012 at 03:04 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Something to leave you with...

Monito wrote:
China has Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles with atomic bombs. It is building or rebuilding it's first modern aircraft carrier.

But in general I tend to be optimistic that from this point on, major wars between powers are deemed bad for business and likely to cause revolutions resulting in governments being thrown out. Wars against third-rate powers and no-powers: watch out.

Japan needs to apologize formally and sincerely for its actions 81 to 67 years ago (1931-1945) which were deeply despicable. It would go a huge distance to setting things right.

Japan was embargoed and as an emerging industrial power with no resources needed to sustain development sought them elsewhere…their method to accomplish that end is now history not to be forgotten or forgiven in any meaningful way…

In today’s world, global financials are tied together so that if one fails, it affects all, and countries, just as business, will use leverage to accomplish theirs ends…

Sep 19, 2012 at 03:28 PM
Access
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Something to leave you with...

Jefferson, that's so true.

The Chinese think economically, not militarily. Offensive war is generally avoided, or used as only a means to an end (economic growth, protection of the economy, etc.) Not to conquer or 'wipe out' a people or occupy a foreign place, they'd much rather profit off a people than conquer them.

When they have a dispute with another, economics are their most potent weapon. And they don't hesitate to use this weapon to get what they want.

是故百戰百勝,非善之善者也;不戰而屈人之兵,善之善者也

The best victories come from winning a war without having to fight a single battle, that is the true mark of a master.

Monito, I don't think a formal apology (today) for the atrocities of WWII will solve much, it may help with the general population, but it won't do much at the political level. The politicians may not even report it to the general population if they want to utitilize that anger or rage a little longer. This is an issue because of today, not the past. In all honesty, if Japan had left China alone, it would likely be the Nationalists and not the communists who would be in power today; China would likely be far closer to a Democracy than it is at present.

Sep 19, 2012 at 03:31 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Something to leave you with...

Jefferson wrote:
We were discussing what you are having for dinner and did you bring enough for everyone…pay attention!

Indeed. I ate Japanese food off of China plates. And it was windy outside, but at least my television was working. Is it Thursday yet?

In case you aren't getting the (obvious) point, there are great forums and other places to play out your political fantasies - but the "Canon Mount SLR" forum is not one of them.

Wait, my puppy just barked! Oh, it barfed. The sun is out. My car gets good mileage. Mmmmmm.... chocolate...

What do you think: Obama or Romney? Ford or Chevy? PC or Mac?

On topic or off?

Sep 19, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Something to leave you with...

Let's see...International turmoil, as inferred in my original post could affect Canon production and pricing...delay of new product introduction...etc....

How does your puppy barfing, or my preference for Romny, have anything to do with Canon marketing?

Sep 19, 2012 at 06:07 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Something to leave you with...

Access wrote:
The best victories come from winning a war without having to fight a single battle, that is the true mark of a master.

That is true. Human life is too precious, or should be considered as such.
The Chinese know what they are doing, although the masses waving democracy placards and babbling democracy cliches may not see it.

The Canon hardware of tomorrow will be made in China.

Sep 19, 2012 at 06:29 PM
Access
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Something to leave you with...

Maybe he was photographing his puppy with a Canon Camera when it barked/barfed(?)

Sep 19, 2012 at 06:33 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Something to leave you with...

My Grandma, bless her, used to say to me that if i had nothing constructive to say i would be better off saying nothing. Dan, i feel she would probably have offered you this same advice...

Sep 19, 2012 at 06:51 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password