New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · RAW Converter Comparisons: Adobe ACR vs. Phase One - Capture One

msoomro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RAW Converter Comparisons: Adobe ACR vs. Phase One - Capture One

I am researching Raw Processors to update my workflow. Currently use ACR. Both the Adobe and Phase One raw processors have their respective advantages and on specific images and one raw processor works better than the other. Has anyone used both and what were the findings?

Are there any independent comparison available online?

Thx
msoomro

Sep 18, 2012 at 06:29 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RAW Converter Comparisons: Adobe ACR vs. Phase One - Capture One

Different cameras different results. C1pro and mange's profile for my 1DMKII couldn't be beat Seems ACR weather Lightroom or Photoshop seem to work best for both 7D and 5DMKIII.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RAW Converter Comparisons: Adobe ACR vs. Phase One - Capture One

I prefer skin tones from C1, and also the default contrast curves. Thats with Canon 350D and 5D. I prefer the interface and workflow of Lightroom. So mostly i use LR, but sometimes convert in C1 and import the tif to LR. The imported file then either becomes my final image or is used as a comparison for tweaking the LR conversion.

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:50 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · RAW Converter Comparisons: Adobe ACR vs. Phase One - Capture One

ACR now gives a tremendous amount of control when it comes to tonality and being able to bring out detail from highlights and shadows. Its ability to handle noise is wonderful.

By itself it can't do the job alone when it comes to color, saturation, tints, sharpening, additional tonality manipulations, masks, etc. You might be ready for the next step in adding to what you already know by adding Lightroom or CS6 to your repertoire.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.