Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Thank you!!

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM
eltano
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

What else can I add that what was already said? Your pics and composition are outstanding as usual. I will love to be near where you work just to be able to learn from one of the best (there are not too many, honestly, sorry guys).

Regards

Eltano

Sep 20, 2012 at 04:52 PM
svenh

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Always love your outdoor pics! Please write a book on your post processing techniques, I would probably not be the only one buying it!

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Poff Photo
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

If I was Dad, #9 would be a 20x30 in my den...

Great work - I have missed you!

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:58 AM
koolio

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Incredible!

Sep 21, 2012 at 07:18 AM
charlandk
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

You are sooo talented. My fav photographer to follow on this site.

Sep 21, 2012 at 07:38 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

#8 is my fav. Posing and expression are most natural in this one. I also like the wagon shot looking through the foliage (#4). We don't see many portraits using the foreground. As always, you do a great job with the background.

Sep 21, 2012 at 09:51 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Amazing as usual! I'm always blown away by how comfortable and natural your photos are. Processing is perfect!

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM
no_surrender
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Not sure if you saw my earlier post...would you mind sharing your lighting technique?
Please and thank you!

Kevin

Sep 21, 2012 at 08:19 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

no_surrender wrote:
...would you mind sharing your lighting technique?

Kevin

Kevin,
I hope Lisa responds, but based on her prior posts, this is natural light with just reflectors used here and there. She has also posted SOOC photos and based on those, a lot of that nice modeling you see is done in post. In other words, you could light a photo just like she does and unless you have the same ability in Photoshop, your photo wouldn't look the same.

Sep 22, 2012 at 07:03 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate the nice comments on this set. I was really worried how these would turn out as I'd never worked with an autistic child before, but he was wonderful to work with - really sweet little boy!

Kevin, these images were all naturally lit - no reflector. I love sharing before & afters, so here is one from Wyatt's session. The main problems with the sooc - WAY too cool (was shot in pretty deep shade), overexposed highlights, and some skin work that needed to be done. Other than that, the shadows and highlights were all there in the sooc simply from the location choice. I like to try to find places where I can get great shadows and highlights sooc - this spot had a big hill and some trees camera right blocking light, and then was more open to the sky camera left for great highlights. A little bit of post and it turned out great!

Sep 22, 2012 at 09:11 AM
no_surrender
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate the nice comments on this set. I was really worried how these would turn out as I'd never worked with an autistic child before, but he was wonderful to work with - really sweet little boy!

Kevin, these images were all naturally lit - no reflector. I love sharing before & afters, so here is one from Wyatt's session. The main problems with the sooc - WAY too cool (was shot in pretty deep shade), overexposed highlights, and some skin work that needed to be done. Other than that, the shadows and highlights were
...Show more

Thanks, Lisa. Just goes to show not only do you have a great eye for posing, you have a great eye for finding those amazing locations! I always learn something when I come here, but sometimes it's hard when there's no additional info given by the OP, so thank you for sharing!

Kevin

Sep 22, 2012 at 06:09 PM
jseno327
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

awesome set!

Sep 22, 2012 at 07:13 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Awesome

Sep 22, 2012 at 09:32 PM
Velu01
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Adorable Little Boy - Just Diagnosed As Autistic

Lovely serie Lisa !

I think that working with an autistic child can be very intense. Seems he's kinda "exploring" you, investigating and analising the "situation". Resulting in this intense, vulnerable, sweet look.

And thank you for posting the "before" and "after" ones !

Rgds
Velu

Sep 23, 2012 at 03:07 AM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.