Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

KathleenMartin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

I'm shooting a small (~90 girls) gymnastics team next month and I received the following questions from the organizer. I was wondering how those of you with T&I experience typically respond. I've done lacrosse, tae kwon do & swimming for the past 5 years and the questions haven't come up (or the organizers have declined to share them with me!). Thanks!

From the organizer:
If a parent orders in advance and....
1. Will money be refunded if the gymnast not able to make the photo shoot (illness, traffic, etc.)?
2. What if the parent is very unhappy with the individual photo?

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:34 PM
James Broome
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

I collect payment on picture day, so #1 never comes up for me. But I wouldn't have any problem refunding the money in such a case.

For #2, my policy is to refund picture price when the parent is unhappy. They must return the images to me first, however.

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:45 PM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

1. Payment is collected on picture day, so a refund wouldn't occur, they just won't be there.

2. Refunds happen, as with James, pictures come back first. Will reprint if there is a printing issue, but if its a pose/look issue, its out of my hands, a refund is given.

Sep 18, 2012 at 05:04 PM
KathleenMartin
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

I typically collect payments on the day of but this group is doing orders ahead of time for scheduling. My tae kwon do school does the same. I agree with the answer for question 2 and have done that in the past.

In regards to the first question, I feel that being told they can get a refund if they don't show provides an easy out for someone. If I'm there and they've committed to be there, then why should I suffer when they change their minds and go out to dinner instead? If they're told that refunds will not be refunded for no-show's, I can always make an exception. I don't plan to make any deposits until after the shoot so it won't be a problem.

Hmm, sounds like I might have a response...! Any other thoughts? Thanks, guys!

Sep 18, 2012 at 05:19 PM
Fish On
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

Are you able to do a re-shoot for answer to #'s 1 & 2?

We have a photo make up day for our T&I for cases like you mentioned.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

Couple questions:

- Do you offer a make-up day?

- Is this going to be a one-off event for you?

One option is to offer a make-up day, for the real cases that somebody just can't make it - sickness, death in family, etc...

And are you looking at making this an annual gig - what kind of tone are you setting with kids (and parents) that you would probably be seeing year after year, if all you do is take their money from year after year, but don't give them anything in one odd year (especially the first)

The fact is this: there are actual things in life that take precedent over gymnastics photos. If somebody has a serious issue that they can't make the photo shoot, that is their choice. If somebody just forgets about it or goes to dinner that night, that too is their choice. Why should either group be penalized for either family time and/or something else that is a higher priority.

Turn the tables, lets say that you make a dinner reservation that you couldn't make it to because the dog threw up all over your new sofa right as you were about to leave and you spent an hour cleaning. No fault of the restaurant that you didn't make dinner. Do they charge you for dinner? If they did, how would that make you feel?

Otherwise, yes, we would offer a refund in either case: no-show or un-satisfied. It's simply better for long term business.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

Kathleen....for me...it is all pre-pay envelopes. I give the league the forms about a week or two prior to picture day and one of my assistants will collect them all the day of.

Like others....refunds when the original pictures are returned. If it is something where there is an error on any text....and the information on the order form looks like a 2 year old wrote it or they simply made an error....it could result in additional cost to the customer because on the order form I emphasize in bold caps to insure all information is legible. Errors caused by unclear information will be charged accordingly. If it is something the lab missed or mixed up....reprint or refund.

Frank

Sep 20, 2012 at 05:17 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

You really want to make every effort to do a make-up for any parent that wants photos. The parents buy them year after year and really do want pictures of their kids. I agree that I wouldn't broadcast that there will be a makeup day. I would just list the photo day as is and then map out makeups at your discretion on a case by case basis. I just would want to make sure to make it work somehow.

The extra effort to make them happy goes a long way.

Sep 20, 2012 at 05:25 AM
kbnovak
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

Hammy wrote:
Turn the tables, lets say that you make a dinner reservation that you couldn't make it to because the dog threw up all over your new sofa right as you were about to leave and you spent an hour cleaning. No fault of the restaurant that you didn't make dinner. Do they charge you for dinner? If they did, how would that make you feel?

Hammy, that's a little too detailed to be a made-up for-instance.

Sep 20, 2012 at 08:58 AM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Gymnastics T&I Policy question

kbnovak wrote:
Hammy, that's a little too detailed to be a made-up for-instance.

Yeah, a little over the top on that one... maybe I should have said cat instead of dog?

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.