Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

trillium
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

It looks like David's Bridal is going to start subcontracting wedding photographers.

I was recruited today. Sorry uh, no.

They have a 6 hour package with DVD, rights, prints and an album for $1300. They can't be giving the photographer much.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Edited on Sep 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM · View previous versions

Sep 18, 2012 at 06:47 PM
idyfohu
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

$1,300...to David's Bridal? I'm sure the photographer gets what...1/3 of that? Rough.

Sep 18, 2012 at 06:57 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

Bella is dead?

Sep 18, 2012 at 06:59 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

Old news. Been discussed.

Sep 18, 2012 at 07:03 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

Bella is still doing well from what I know. My wife's cousin is really talented and actually stays busy with work through Bella

I also got pursued by David's Bridal and politely declined... didn't bother to get the details

Sep 18, 2012 at 07:10 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

David's pays the lead photographer $100 per hour. No editing. They work people in pairs.

It's twice what George's pays.

Def not my cup o' tea though.

Sep 18, 2012 at 08:32 PM
classicph
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

Old news. Been there: got few emails-who need Davis's Bridal?

Sep 18, 2012 at 08:44 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

From a few weeks back...

Sep 18, 2012 at 08:54 PM
nguyencs
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

A photographer I 2nd for said he does it. It fills his winter schedule. He gets paid $475 per wedding. $275 for their 6 hour coverage package.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM
jbrandt378
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

Tony...freekin' hilarious!!

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

nguyencs wrote:
A photographer I 2nd for said he does it. It fills his winter schedule. He gets paid $475 per wedding. $275 for their 6 hour coverage package.

They pay him $275.00 for a 6 hour gig ? OMG.....

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

pwnd

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

nguyencs wrote:

BWAHAHA Awesome. I'd literally rather have my time off.

Sep 19, 2012 at 01:33 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

I'm a little put off that they haven't contacted me yet. If they'll try to recruit Tony, they'll try to hit up on anybody.

Sep 19, 2012 at 01:51 AM
Eric_M_Klein

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

Maybe Tony could be an organizational spokesman like Dennis Reggae is for Bella.

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:01 PM
trillium
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

Well since this has already been reported I must assume DB is scraping the bottom of the barrel to recruite me!

Sep 19, 2012 at 05:25 PM
whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

DB piloted this program a while ago and my wife and I got a random call from them for recruitment. Old news but it's interesting to see what their strategy is.

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

This is dead in the middle of second-shooter-pay neighborhood. Responsibilities sound similar, except that you've got full coverage scope and probably no one working with you. It's probably a useful way for someone to get started shooting solo, and not that useful for established pros. Not that different from Bella, probably, though it sounds like maybe it's targeting a lower-budget bride.

It's probably not any more likely to run the market down than was Bella. Brides go to a dress shop and see the dress people also offer a budget photography package. It's obviously a commodity-level offering, and will only appeal to a specific demographic.

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:45 AM
TTee

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

I've considered emailing them and asking if I could be paired with an experienced shooter and work as a second/ assistant. Why? I've emailed or called every wedding photographer (or at least I think I did) within 50 miles of me and not a single reply. I would do anything to have the chance to second shoot and I'm coming up short (and my portfolio is not wedding related).

Sep 22, 2012 at 02:14 AM
the_rebel
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · David's Bridal Wedding Photography

TTee wrote:
I've considered emailing them and asking if I could be paired with an experienced shooter and work as a second/ assistant. Why? I've emailed or called every wedding photographer (or at least I think I did) within 50 miles of me and not a single reply. I would do anything to have the chance to second shoot and I'm coming up short (and my portfolio is not wedding related).

I'm sure that's a frustrating scenario but something to keep in mind.
Photographers get quite a few emails and calls like that. I personally average about 3-5 per week, some recent graduates, some stay at home moms/recently unemployed individuals.
Truth be told i just no longer have the patience to deal with new "talent" (not saying this is you) but most recent graduates in photography, and new starters aren't looking at improving, for the most part they think they're better than everyone, they just need you to pat them on the back and give them a portfolio to start making money. Unfortunately in Toronto photographers are a dime a dozen and there is a new on popping up every 2 days (literally) and just about every single new one i've run into has a mentality that they can school the veterans in what they do, and all they need is to be recognized.

Sorry to kind of veer of the OP subject.

Cheers
Dan

Sep 22, 2012 at 05:22 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password