Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Tethering question

gwaww
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Tethering question

i am going to be shooting photos for a Harvest festival for my church this Oct. What is the fastest way to shoot and produce a 4x6 print? i will be set up and shooting the same scene of costumed children with the only variable being the number of children in the photo. (zooming in and out). I have all the nec. Canon software, CS6, LR4, a 5D MKII and a 7D to choose from. What I am doiing is shooting from the camera and tethering to my laptop do produce a print to give to the subject. The only post-processing will be cropping. When i did this last year, the images appeared on my laptop screen way larger than the screen and it took much time to resize them just to view and crop so I could print.
Thanks
George

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Hammy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Tethering question

There are a few software packages (cheap) that can perform an action while watching a 'hot' folder: your tethered download folder.

I remember doing a birthday party several years ago where I was tethered to the laptop and had some scripts to watch the folder, pick up any new files, print them and then move them to another folder.

I was also printing 4x6's so there was no cropping to be done. Just shoot it in camera how you want it to print.

Sep 18, 2012 at 04:07 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password