Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Mini Football

Frank Lauri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mini Football

Here are some shots from Sunday's game. I'm looking for some thoughts on #2 and #3....which one does everyone think works better. I'm on the fence with these.

These were shot mostly with the Canon Mark IV and 400 2.8....except the first one where I used the 17-40 4.0....but it is shots like #1 where I wished I had a fisheye. That is one lens I need to add to my collection in 3013.

As always....C&C welcome.

Frank

Edited on Sep 18, 2012 at 09:29 AM · View previous versions

Sep 18, 2012 at 09:27 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mini Football

Last 4.

Thanks for looking.

Sep 18, 2012 at 09:28 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mini Football

wow Frank, great backgrounds and isolation...#5 & #6 are my faves here...

Chris

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM
mikepmcs
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mini Football

Fantastic shots!
What did a tighter crop on #2 look like to you? Maybe consider less space on that one?
#3 works because of the secondary subject but I'm also wondering on the look if it was a little tighter on the right of the frame.

Good stuff.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mini Football

#2 for me Frank. The symbolism of the ball carrier all by himself holding up the number 1 = Winner!

The only thing I wonder about is why are you going to wait almost a thousand years to buy the fish? 3013?!?! I'm a Nikon shooter, but I can't imagine Canon gear is THAT expensive.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mini Football

Chris & Mike.....thanks for taking the time to comment. Mike I will have to play around a bit more later when I get home.

Rick....the ball carrier by himself is the one I'm favoring more. For waiting till 2013....mainly because I just lost out to my conscience and bought a 1DX that should arrive at my door today. So I'm deferring the fishy a while longer.

Sep 18, 2012 at 01:57 PM
Snap96

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mini Football

As a hobbyist, my opinion is worth less than $0.02. #2 would be my pick. I actually dig the looser crop since it gives the appearance that it's all him, out in the open, running away with it.

All great shots.

Paul

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JMBANAS
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mini Football

I agree with Rick and Snap - No. 2 for sure. You just KNOW there are 21 other players behind him . . . no need to add the defender. Having said that, if I only had #3, I would very happy with it. #2 is just better. That is MHO. Great shots, as always.

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:29 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mini Football

Strong set, Frank! Love the colors and the action. I'd have to go with #3 since it's got both the 'thrill' and the 'agony.' Otherwise it's just a back yard fantasy (though still a sweet shot).

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:29 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mini Football

Frank Lauri wrote:
Chris & Mike.....thanks for taking the time to comment. Mike I will have to play around a bit more later when I get home.

Rick....the ball carrier by himself is the one I'm favoring more. For waiting till 2013....mainly because I just lost out to my conscience and bought a 1DX that should arrive at my door today. So I'm deferring the fishy a while longer.

Frank... you missed the joke. You said 3013 in the initial post.

Sep 18, 2012 at 08:01 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Mini Football

WOW....did I ever...and by miles too. Like hot flashes for for women (and men)...I'm having these senior moments constantly. It's scary......

Last week I used my 200 1.8 lens for a night football game, changed the location where I usually kept it after the game and thought it was in the case where it was usually kept...Not there...checked my car....not there...checked the case again....still not there. Literally tore the place apart....couldn't find it. Talk about hot flashes, tears, sweats, chills all happening at the same time.

Five minutes seemed like a lifetime...my only thought was I set it down to change a lens and forgot to pick it up and left it at the game. Then I walked into my basement office and my eyes locked onto this shelf/unit and things started to come back. I walked over to it and looks at it square on....there was the lens.

After that....I said my heart can withstand anything.

Now every time I walk out of the house with my gear.....my wife (busting my stones) asks if I'm sure I have all my gear.

So yeah.....I totally missed that one.

But here is the sure cure all

Sep 18, 2012 at 09:52 PM
tmalone893
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Mini Football

#2 is money! Love the colors and great action for little guys.
Theron

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Mini Football

Theron....thanks for the looks and comments.

Frank

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Mini Football

Really dig #2 for the same reason above, would have picked #3 is the defender was sprawled out all over the grass and missed the tackle. But in this defender looks tired and offered nothing else to the action.

I am glad I am not the only one that gets his stones busted when trying to remember everything before I leave for a game!

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password