Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

You can't make up such stuff lol

From Canon Rumours:

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., September 17, 2012 Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that it would be moving it's corporate headquarters from Lake Success to the nearby town of Lake Failure. The move, being considered for several years under Canon's FF-6D initiative, is an effort to reduce overall operating costs for their U.S.A. division.

Lake Failure is a surprising choice for Canon as they had also considered a move to the town of Lake Nokin which many believe offers more benifits and amenities at a lower cost. One executive at Canon stated that "we know this choice is not going to make our employees very excited - but we feel that they don't really need all of the amenities in Nokin. We have a lot more experience making these types of decisions. Our employees will eventually realize that this move is the best thing for them at this time."

Family oriented employeess of Canon will be disappointed to hear that Lake Failure has 11 activity-fun (AF) parks while Nokin offers 39, 11 of which have cross park trails - Failure only offers one. Getting to these parks will also take longer as Failure's roads have lower speed capabilities than Nokin's. Canon employeess will also have to switch their toll fare provider as Failure does not support the more popular Car Fast (CF) system. One anonymous employee stated "I have been using the CF system for 10 years, now I have to put the Simple Dash (SD) system in all of my cars. Will I be reimbursed for this cost - certainly not!"

Lake Failure does provide Canon with Wi-Fi access throughout the town but many residents complain that the speed of the system makes it irrelevent for most tasks. Ken Blockwell, a long-time resident of Nokin says that he understands why Canon employees would be upset. "Nokin has always been a better place to live. And believe me I know, because I know everything."

The move is slated to be complete by December 2012 but Canon has acknowledged that it will review it's decision 12-18 months from now.

P.S. It's a satire- You CAN make up such stuff

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

^ - best thing I've read all day!

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #3 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Stupid and not funny. The attacks on canon at every camera release are really quite interesting from a sociology standpoint. Almost makes me believe that Nikon/Sony may have something to do with it.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM
RazorTM
• • •
p.1 #4 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Awwww, someone has no sense of humor.

retrofocus
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

michael49 wrote:
^ - best thing I've read all day!

+100: Haha!

retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Sarsfield wrote:
Stupid and not funny. The attacks on canon at every camera release are really quite interesting from a sociology standpoint. Almost makes me believe that Nikon/Sony may have something to do with it.

You are absolutely right. Nikon/Sony make better sensors......

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Sarsfield wrote:

Oh, come on now I give canon credit where it it's due. The 5d3 is a killer camera - finally a real AF system in a normal sized camera! It only took like what 5 years after Nikon announced the d700, but I give them credit, they finally did it.

But the 6d - I mean are you kidding me? It's got like a 20d AF system - really? Why not just buy a 5d2 and actually get 1/8000 SS? Canon deserves whatever abuse they get for this release.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

vsg28 wrote:
You can't make up such stuff lol

Uh, the point is precisely that this site did make this up. Sigh...

Sep 18, 2012 at 01:51 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #9 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

I guess you didn't read the whole post, Dan.

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:13 AM
Tombo
• •
p.1 #10 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Any bets on how long it will be before we see Hitlers reaction to the 6D

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

vsg28
• • •
p.1 #11 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Ugh.. I had nearly forgotten about that meme.

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:32 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

vsg28 wrote:
Ken Blockwell, a long-time resident of Nokin says that he understands why Canon employees would be upset. "Nokin has always been a better place to live. And believe me I know, because I know everything."

EBH

Sep 18, 2012 at 04:14 AM
trumpet_guy
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Tombo wrote:
Any bets on how long it will be before we see Hitlers reaction to the 6D

Start searching youtube. It must be on there soon. hahaha

Sep 18, 2012 at 05:58 AM
timbop
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

gdanmitchell wrote:
Uh, the point is precisely that this site did make this up. Sigh...

actually, the point is tongue-in-cheek humor and he knows that.

it's actually pretty clever, and a frankly well deserved barb directed at canon.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Charles Gallo
• • •
p.1 #15 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Taking it somewhat seriously, for 10 years I worked in the same industrial park in Lake Success that Canon is in, and I still drive by it all the time. They ARE moving, to Huntington, in a spot that used to be a nice strawberry farm. SIgh

Sep 18, 2012 at 01:14 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #16 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Who knew?

Sep 18, 2012 at 01:22 PM
ggreene
• • •
p.1 #17 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

Sarsfield wrote:

Canon wishes that Nikon/Sony wasted resources paying people to rag on them. Unfortunately, they are using those
resources to produce equipment that is pressing Canon on price/performance.

Sep 18, 2012 at 01:37 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

vsg28 wrote:
I guess you didn't read the whole post, Dan.

True...

Now I have. And it is even lamer than I imagined it would be.

Dan

Sep 18, 2012 at 04:36 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

gdanmitchell wrote:
True...

Now I have. And it is even lamer than I imagined it would be.

Dan

Sep 18, 2012 at 04:46 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #20 · Canon USA moving HQ to- Get this- Lake Failure

You are absolutely right. Nikon/Sony make better sensors.....

Canon wishes that Nikon/Sony wasted resources paying people to rag on them. Unfortunately, they are using those resources to produce equipment that is pressing Canon on price/performance.

I have no allegiance to one camera maker. I actually use my Panny Micro 4/3 system more than my Canon. However, what makes Nikon/Sony sensors better? Better how? Because they claim better DR and can shoot at higher ISO's and produce plastic crap looking shots? Because they threw more megapixels in a camera than Canon was willing to? I challenge anyone to to go to Pbase and do a search based on camera and show me one shot done with a D800 or D4 that couldn't have been taken with a 5D Mark II or III or a 1Dx or even a 5D or 1Ds for that matter. Oh, and while you are there, find a shot from a Nikon with any pleasing Bokeh. Yuck. Their lenses outright suck.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand all the angst towards Canon. I think they have chosen the right marketing and production path and it's just a shame that the online, limited intellect fora don't get it.

Sep 18, 2012 at 04:51 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password