Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How good is the SB910?

firewireguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How good is the SB910?

I haven't heard much about this flash on these forums since its release. Just a thread when it was first launched with lots of people complaining about the price.

Has it turned out that the price is worth it now? Does it get any love?

I'm looking for something with more power than my SB600.

Sep 17, 2012 at 09:48 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How good is the SB910?

For the options (bouncing off of a wall or through a diffuser for softer) that it gives over the SB-600, and the MUCH more user-friendly interface, my humble opinion is that it is worth it.

However, you may also wish to consider the SB-700, which replaced the SB-600, or even a used SB-900, which is going for $325 to $375.

Main disadvantages:

1) Price.
2) Big- not just more girth to pack, but also big enough that when I mount it to a PW TT1 on my D700, it makes it harder to hold stable to prevent shake. So I use a PW TT5 w/ an SB-700 instead.
3) Can heat up quicker than most flashes when fired continuously at high power (dark room, small aperture, etc.).

Differences between the 910 and 900:
-Hard Tungsten and Fluorescent gels included.
-910's buttons light up- a big help when shooting in dark wedding reception halls.
-When it overheats, it just slows down instead of cutting off completely.
-Slightly more user-friendly, though the -900 is also very easy to use, nowhere near the user-hostility of the SB-800 and SB-600.

Sep 18, 2012 at 01:39 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password