Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2012 · POLL: How long do you take to deliver?

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · POLL: How long do you take to deliver?

dhp_sf wrote:
It helps a lot to distance yourself from the work so you can look on it with fresh eyes

I agree with you there. I like to put a month of distance on it.

Sep 11, 2014 at 03:18 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · POLL: How long do you take to deliver?

D. Diggler wrote:
I was doing the printed cases for awhile. Some work involved with that and never heard back anything positive. Lately I've been going toward easy and cheap packaging. All pays the same.

I do Miller's printed disks in Asukabook dual DVD presentation books. I prefer to give the client something they can treasure long term.

Sep 11, 2014 at 04:17 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · POLL: How long do you take to deliver?

SloPhoto wrote:
I usually get a quick edit up on smugmug fairly quickly (possibly not the full set), but I need to distance myself from the wedding a bit before I make a final pass on the files.

I then review the files on smugmug a week or two after to see how my thoughts have changed. I really am not in the correct mindset to cull/edit right after the event. Way too involved and concerned with what I thought went poorly or what I thought went well.

This could be my inexperience showing though.

Definitely not inexperience. Just different strokes for different folks.

I go home from a wedding, and know instantly what, if anything, I missed, what went well and what went awry, but most importantly, I acknowledge that I can't go back. So editing the following day is all good.

I tend to shoot for how I edit, and shoot for a story as best as possible. So with that said, I know how I'll be sorting images by the time I get home. Then I get right to editing.

I understand why some people need a few days or a week to sit on the edits. I, on the other hand, have never felt like I do. Maybe I'm just lucky in that regard?

---------------------------------------------

dhp_sf wrote:
Nope. I think it's good to have a little time. I usually look right after but let it settle a bit before going through final editing--sometimes a week or so. It helps a lot to distance yourself from the work so you can look on it with fresh eyes imo.

I hear a lot of people say that. Now I feel weird for not feeling like that. I feel like the next morning, my ideas are fresh in my head. Like the writer that shoots up out of bed and has to start taking notes on his ideas. I have to get them "on paper" or they're gone.

Sep 15, 2014 at 01:18 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · POLL: How long do you take to deliver?

Prettym1k3 wrote:
I hear a lot of people say that. Now I feel weird for not feeling like that. I feel like the next morning, my ideas are fresh in my head. Like the writer that shoots up out of bed and has to start taking notes on his ideas. I have to get them "on paper" or they're gone.

I probably should have said "it can help." Everyone is different--just didn't want Joe thinking that he was doing something wrong by wanting to let things settle in a bit. I actually do go through many things right away. then I let it sit again and marinate and come back to it. But that's just how I want to approach it, and I have the luxury of having a bit more breathing room (single, no kids, no other day job to worry about).

Sep 15, 2014 at 01:37 PM
myam203
• • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · POLL: How long do you take to deliver?

I'm the same way as Prettym1k3. I never used to be this way, and maybe it's a confidence thing, but while I'm shooting a wedding, I'm subconsciously cataloging the good and bad shots (mostly the bad), so right away I know what to keep and delete.

Sep 15, 2014 at 02:54 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · POLL: How long do you take to deliver?

myam203 wrote:
I'm the same way as Prettym1k3. I never used to be this way, and maybe it's a confidence thing, but while I'm shooting a wedding, I'm subconsciously cataloging the good and bad shots (mostly the bad), so right away I know what to keep and delete.

I find this saves me a ton of time in post. Remember what I knew was going to be worth taking a closer look at, and what I knew was just a random candid I could quickly edit and move along.

Sep 16, 2014 at 01:51 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.