Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Curves, lines and points ...

RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Curves, lines and points ...

One from the WA "Geometric" outing ... that didn't get submitted. Was my intended submission, until I saw the red/blue light lighting on the tracks.

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Curves, lines and points ...

Very nice Kent. A boldly processed image that certainly says geometric.
To my taste the intense black shadow, especially on the bottom is a bit much. It defines the says the subject well but becomes dominant without a hint of detail since it takes up so much real estate.
But this is a very minor nit.

Scott

Edited on Sep 17, 2012 at 01:44 PM · View previous versions

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Curves, lines and points ...

Thanks Scott,

Yeah ... I know @ the blacks, but @ 0,0,0 not much there to work with.

With lighting @ this much contrast ... even in person, you couldn't see any detail to speak of as your pupils dilated from the intense light. I thought about tossing it because of the blacks ... but, eh ... went with it anyway.

Kinda wish I would have submitted it instead ... I dig the little triangles on the bolts.

BTW ... even with an exposure that generated 0,0,0 in the shadows, the red channel was blown @ 255

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Curves, lines and points ...

Nice job Kent,

At first I was going to sugget cropping at rail's bottom, but then I saw the shadows of the spikes - neat. Maybe clean up the one on the right?

Regards,

Bob

Sep 17, 2012 at 01:58 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Curves, lines and points ...

Thanks Bob.

I didn't even see the spike shadows till you mentioned them (narrow gamut laptop makes it hard to see things @ times ... so I mostly read the "important" numbers).

Kinda gives a clue at just how low the sun angle was when you think about it. I went to clean up the RH one ... I just made a mess of it.

Sep 17, 2012 at 04:36 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password