Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
9
       end
  

Archive 2012 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!
  
 
ardvorak
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


*toes crossed* that this deal returns. I totally missed it and would have been all over it. My alerts are now set!


Sep 26, 2012 at 03:57 PM
artsupreme
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


If they don't have the sale again, what's the next best deal for those who are looking? (I'm not)


Sep 26, 2012 at 04:23 PM
bigbluebear
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


artsupreme wrote:
If they don't have the sale again, what's the next best deal for those who are looking? (I'm not)


You looking to buy and sell more 5D3s?



Sep 26, 2012 at 04:44 PM
artsupreme
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


datousteve wrote:
You looking to buy and sell more 5D3s?


No, not unless they can be had for $2750 or less again. The Beach kit deals were the best for me. I might as well be an authorized Canon dealer lately



Sep 26, 2012 at 04:54 PM
bigbluebear
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


Hahaha... yep. maybe they'll drop to 2500 this christmas!


Sep 26, 2012 at 04:57 PM
Wahoowa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


datousteve wrote:
Hahaha... yep. maybe they'll drop to 2500 this christmas!


Who is "they"? I highly doubt it'll go as low as $2,500.

I kinda think that you won't see another deal like this until Black Friday.



Sep 26, 2012 at 05:10 PM
artsupreme
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


Wahoowa wrote:
Who is "they"? I highly doubt it'll go as low as $2,500.

I kinda think that you won't see another deal like this until Black Friday.



I've seen them as low as $1400

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1145117/0?keyword=1400#10926034



Sep 26, 2012 at 05:14 PM
Wahoowa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


artsupreme wrote:
I've seen them as low as $1400

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1145117/0?keyword=1400#10926034


As low as $1,400? Would you sell me one at that price? If you put it that way, you can own one for as low as $0 if you work hard enough on the buying and the reselling. But if it's me, no offense, I wouldn't brag too much about it.



Sep 26, 2012 at 07:11 PM
artsupreme
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


Wahoowa wrote:
As low as $1,400? Would you sell me one at that price? If you put it that way, you can own one for as low as $0 if you work hard enough on the buying and the reselling. But if it's me, no offense, I wouldn't brag too much about it.


You are correct, you could get one for free if you bought/sold enough kits. I wasn't bragging, I was trying to show others how easy it is...since then, I've hooked up tons of people with great deals who missed the sale, including a few local FM'ers. Win win for all.



Sep 26, 2012 at 07:31 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



arnold1
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #10 · p.9 #10 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


artsupreme wrote:
You are correct, you could get one for free if you bought/sold enough kits. I wasn't bragging, I was trying to show others how easy it is...since then, I've hooked up tons of people with great deals who missed the sale, including a few local FM'ers. Win win for all.


You should start with your own late night infomercial on TV and show people how to get a 5DIII for $1400 by buying and selling cameras and have you become rich selling them the idea!!!!



Sep 27, 2012 at 05:05 AM
artsupreme
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #11 · p.9 #11 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


arnold1 wrote:
You should start with your own late night infomercial on TV and show people how to get a 5DIII for $1400 by buying and selling cameras and have you become rich selling them the idea!!!!


No thanks, not interested and it's really not that complicated....place order, receive shipment, post CL ads, collect cash. It's not about the small profits for me, it's about the other much larger benefits



Sep 27, 2012 at 05:22 AM
sirimiri
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #12 · p.9 #12 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


Here is a juicy (large) JPG illustrating the Adorama-a-thon-a-rama sale of the 5DIII from (nearly) two weeks ago. I believe the file starts with the 81st buyer on E-Bay (all the names are anonymized by the auction site) and continues until the end of the sale at 818 cameras.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b0b1rl

The overwhelming majority of buyers took only one.

d***d seems to have pretty much joined E-Bay, to score 5 bodies.
0***0, with a count of 75 positive transactions, also bought 5.
a***3, n***5, c***y took two apiece. So did 9***e.

Everybody else from buyer 81 until 818, seems to have purchased one apiece.

From what I saw in my limited scoping of craigslist a few days ago, I would assume that most of the CL sellers I list below, actually waited until they had the camera in their possession before posting it for sale. California buyers seem to have gotten the goods by Friday, with Texas and the Midwest a little earlier. Some of ads are forthright, others are more cagey...this being the internet and all. But, I don't get it, really, why go through all of the effort of buying a camera for $2,749, having a tax liability of at least another $165? The break even point is about $2,915 and you can see from the asking prices below, that the average is about $2,985.

I don't see the point of all the effort, to net potentially $235 if you don't pay use tax, or end up making perhaps $70 bucks if you do? I must be missing something?

(eventually the listings will die but I put the price next to it, for posterity)
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pho/3282985999.html $3090
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pho/3287473423.html $2885
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pho/3280997663.html $2900
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pho/3287998442.html $2980
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pho/3256045127.html $3000
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/for/3276632300.html $2950
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pho/3274023606.html $2950
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pho/3277631815.html $3050
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pho/3286512617.html $2899
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pho/3275790791.html $2895
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pho/3284941441.html $3000
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pho/3284890135.html $2995
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pho/3273962320.html $2895
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/eld/3283215480.html $3200
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pho/3287142951.html $3000
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pho/3288395194.html $3000
http://austin.craigslist.org/pho/3270461385.html $3000
http://houston.craigslist.org/pho/3285785072.html $2850
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pho/3283679680.html $3300
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pho/3283760302.html $2900 (from Beach Camera)

And, if somebody intends to regurgitate the body on E-Bay, well that sounds strange as the listing fee and PayPal commission gobble a lot!

Flip pancakes, not camera bodies nor houses!






Sep 27, 2012 at 07:58 AM
artsupreme
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #13 · p.9 #13 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


sirimiri wrote:
I must be missing something?



Yes, a lot, right from the start - you and another poster tried to calculate how many bodies each person bought, you are both way off course from the get go. One does not buy multiple bodies on one order - one camera per transaction, many transactions.....different user accounts? Let's just say many many bodies were purchased Also, I probably spent less effort/time selling this stuff than you just spent creating your post. CL ads were deleted a long time ago, you missed them. One FM ad, all that was needed. Your profit calculations are waay off too, but that's not what it's all about for me. Some people do this often to make extra few hundred bucks per body, I do not. Sure it's nice to own 5D3's and 600's and for next to nothing, all for a little multitasking while editing at the comp, but there's more to it....yes you are missing something, i'll leave it at that.

Back to flipping burgers....



Sep 27, 2012 at 02:22 PM
carlsbadbum
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #14 · p.9 #14 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pho/3299348040.html

Here's a slightly used 5d3 I found on CL in San Diego last night, at $2600 is still not sold after 12hours. May be because people know at $2750 they can get a new one if timing is right.



Sep 27, 2012 at 04:16 PM
artsupreme
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #15 · p.9 #15 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


carlsbadbum wrote:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pho/3299348040.html

Here's a slightly used 5d3 I found on CL in San Diego last night, at $2600 is still not sold after 12hours. May be because people know at $2750 they can get a new one if timing is right.


Yes I think the word is out....a lot of people are waiting for the next sale. But you can always find local buyers to pay 3K if you know where to look.



Sep 27, 2012 at 04:25 PM
carlsbadbum
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #16 · p.9 #16 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


artsupreme wrote:
Yes I think the word is out....a lot of people are waiting for the next sale. But you can always find local buyers to pay 3K if you know where to look.


There're people out there that want it now and can't wait for the sale or to pay the $3500, so the $3000 is a bargain. I'm willing to pay 3 grands too if I want it NOW and don't want to deal with shipping and wait for the UPS guy.



Sep 27, 2012 at 06:05 PM
bbasiaga
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #17 · p.9 #17 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


I think the next best deal is some of the broken kits that show up on Ebay for around $3200 from US authorized dealers. Not terrible.

-Brian



Sep 28, 2012 at 03:05 AM
sirimiri
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #18 · p.9 #18 · $2750 for 5D3 at Adorama on eBay! Why wait for 6D?!


Art, it seems to me that you understood (or wanted to understand for the purposes of your riposte) that my prior comment was directed at you and was an attempt to suss your your motivations and/or financial arguments.

I state that that is not the case. Having said that, you are seemingly elated and gleeful about something, based on your ironic tone and repeated use of emoticons. To each, his own.

sirimiri wrote:
I must be missing something?

artsupreme wrote:
Yes, a lot, right from the start - you and another poster tried to calculate how many bodies each person bought, you are both way off course from the get go. One does not buy multiple bodies on one order - one camera per transaction, many transactions.....different user accounts? Let's just say many many bodies were purchased Also, I probably spent less effort/time selling this stuff than you just spent creating your post. CL ads were deleted a long time ago, you missed them. One FM ad, all that was needed. Your profit calculations are waay off too,
...Show more



Sep 29, 2012 at 04:34 AM
1       2       3              8      
9
       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
9
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password